Request for up to date info about married quarters in and around London

Husband starting a job at the MOD in spring next year. Struggling to get up to date info on the patches available and which ones are the best...can anyone help? Have 1 young child, so schooling is a consideration. Application process is all electronic now and you don't seem to be able to speak to anyone for information anymore!

Forastero

LE
PM me your email and I'll send you a pdf. It's old (2006) but still accurate.

Husband starting a job at the MOD in spring next year. Struggling to get up to date info on the patches available and which ones are the best...can anyone help? Have 1 young child, so schooling is a consideration. Application process is all electronic now and you don't seem to be able to speak to anyone for information anymore!
Normal options include Putney, Kingston or Bushey

For wot it's worth, I spent 5 yrs in West Byfleet ('98 - '03), and (usual grumbles about MQ maintenance excepted) we all (me, Mrs Stonker and 3 kids, who still have friends from there) thought it was hard to beat.

If it's still there and available, be prepared to stab your mum in the back to get a house there.

Old thread I know - but does anybody have a copy of this old PDF that they'd be willing to share? Looking for info on locations of Officers' SFA for a posting to Main Building. Cheers

Old thread I know - but does anybody have a copy of this old PDF that they'd be willing to share? Looking for info on locations of Officers' SFA for a posting to Main Building. Cheers
Use the private message/conversations feature to contact Forastero direct.

'how to' is in the thread
-----
PS. My post #9 still stands, although I have fond memories of Bushey in my 20s, but I was single then, and it was where my (civvy) mum lived.

I prob still have it on my PC. Will look for you and send it if you give me your email. We are in Uxbridge and v happy. Commute not brilliant but if what you want is west of London, it is fab. Close to Heathrow and M25. We are v happy with local RC school. Houses used to be RAF so 2 bathrooms, 1 ensuite, double garage. West Byfleet better commute but diff to get a house. More of a typical patch existence. Putney houses v small. Kingston nice location but horrid houses. Northolt on the runway and bad state of repair.

I prob still have it on my PC. Will look for you and send it if you give me your email. We are in Uxbridge and v happy. Commute not brilliant but if what you want is west of London, it is fab. Close to Heathrow and M25. We are v happy with local RC school. Houses used to be RAF so 2 bathrooms, 1 ensuite, double garage. West Byfleet better commute but diff to get a house. More of a typical patch existence. Putney houses v small. Kingston nice location but horrid houses. Northolt on the runway and bad state of repair.