Request for up to date info about married quarters in and around London

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Galloping Gazelle, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Husband starting a job at the MOD in spring next year. Struggling to get up to date info on the patches available and which ones are the best...can anyone help? Have 1 young child, so schooling is a consideration. Application process is all electronic now and you don't seem to be able to speak to anyone for information anymore!

2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Have you tried here?

London-ish (HIC 4 - High Wycombe0

It's just that this site is full of sex-starved misogynists (who don't see the connection between the two conditions).

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

PM me your email and I'll send you a pdf. It's old (2006) but still accurate.

4. Normal options include Putney, Kingston or Bushey

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Or not, your choice..

6. New to this...how do I PM you!? Don't worry, I have found it and done it!

7. H3

H3 LE

Tap on his Name with your mouse then a box will appear and hit Private Message .

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Email sent!

9. For wot it's worth, I spent 5 yrs in West Byfleet ('98 - '03), and (usual grumbles about MQ maintenance excepted) we all (me, Mrs Stonker and 3 kids, who still have friends from there) thought it was hard to beat.

If it's still there and available, be prepared to stab your mum in the back to get a house there.

10. Old thread I know - but does anybody have a copy of this old PDF that they'd be willing to share? Looking for info on locations of Officers' SFA for a posting to Main Building. Cheers

11. Use the private message/conversations feature to contact Forastero direct.

'how to' is in the thread
    -----
    PS. My post #9 still stands, although I have fond memories of Bushey in my 20s, but I was single then, and it was where my (civvy) mum lived.

12. I prob still have it on my PC. Will look for you and send it if you give me your email. We are in Uxbridge and v happy. Commute not brilliant but if what you want is west of London, it is fab. Close to Heathrow and M25. We are v happy with local RC school. Houses used to be RAF so 2 bathrooms, 1 ensuite, double garage. West Byfleet better commute but diff to get a house. More of a typical patch existence. Putney houses v small. Kingston nice location but horrid houses. Northolt on the runway and bad state of repair.

13. I prob still have it on my PC. Will look for you and send it if you give me your email. We are in Uxbridge and v happy. Commute not brilliant but if what you want is west of London, it is fab. Close to Heathrow and M25. We are v happy with local RC school. Houses used to be RAF so 2 bathrooms, 1 ensuite, double garage. West Byfleet better commute but diff to get a house. More of a typical patch existence. Putney houses v small. Kingston nice location but horrid houses. Northolt on the runway and bad state of repair.

14. Thanks. PM sent GG.