Request for medal ribbons

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by The_Fox_In_The_Box, Aug 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm after a favour if any of you would be so kind. If you can find it your heart to forgive me for having sent you to Bulford, or any other similar hell-hole, I need to get my hands on a few strips of ribbons to get my badges mounted.
    I need 6 inches of each of the following:
    GSM (NI) - UN Cyprus - UN Bosnia - NATO Former Yugoslavia - OSM Herrick - Queens Golden Jubilee - ACSM - LS&GC.
    If anybody can help, I'll PM you my address. Thanks.
  2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

3. If you are still serving, you can get your ribbons free from the clothing stores!!

4. You just want to brag about where you've moved to. Wait out on the ribbon, tasking the section now.
  5. Tasking! Don't you mean asking?
  6. Thanks STILTS - appreciate your reply but after 31 years service I could have worked that one out for myself mate. I'm out now and live down-under, where they want to charge me a fortube to mount my gongs citing the huge problem that they have in getting hold of the ribbons and consequently demanding a kidney for their trouble. Thanks anyway.
  7. Thanks MV. Still looking after me!!
  8. Only because the nurses have to look after him, poor old sod.
  9. If you need to buy it - Ebay tends to be the cheapest I've found.
  10. Less of the poor. And Yes, I tasked the Section, fuckin' ask, fuckin' ask, don't you know who I am?
  11. I do, but do they?
  12. They know. They also know that I'm off wef 14 Oct, which is probably why they are being slack; but it also might be something to do with being commanded from really don't want to ask, so don't . All down to jobs for the boys in the M1X methinks.

Back on thread - still waiting for a response from local acquirer Fox.
  13. Never mind that I could name numerous people on here that would tell you to fuck right off, why don't you have the ribbons already mounted with the tin? A good excuse will guarantee the ribbons.................

So don't expect them, but you never know!
  14. Thank you for taking the time to reply and for constructive comments, hopefully you'll get out the right side of bed before you log on to ARRSE next time. My medals ARE all mounted but are all overlapping so that I didn't look like Kenny Everett when I wore them on my service dress. Now that I'm retired, I would like to get them remounted without the overlap so that I can have them framed and hanging on the wall of my cottage in New Zealand. But don't bother your foul-mouthed disrespectful arse though, I will get them elsewhere
  15. That should make for an interesting Southern Region SB Seminar next year