Request for information/subject access. Info from APC.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CC_TA, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not too sure if I barking up the wrong tree but, or just plain barking.

I applied for copies of record/service details from APC Glasgow a while back, should they be sent recorded delivery? Just had mine turn up in the normal mail. Only taken about a year to arrive.

CC_TA

2. You think that is bad, in my previous job we all needed this SIA lincense because we we in contact with the public. 18 of us sent off documents like passports etc to prove identity, 4 of the guys stuff never came back!!

3. Hi CC,
    It all turns up non-recorded, recorded costs money!
    Nige

4. I left the regular Army in 2002 . Only 3 weeks after discharge I needed my med docs to apply for an FTRS job. I was informed by some idiot at APC that they had been lost. He then proceeded to tell me that I was not the only one as they could not account for over 300 sets of med docs. I asked the pillock if this piece of information was meant to make me feel better?

5. Indeed... isn't it the theory that recorded delivery is only to be used for "documents that cannot be replaced", and since everybody knows how easy (and cheap) it is to get a new passport, they don't count so go second class and hope for the best?

6. Hi Nige,

Silly me, what was I thinking!?!

CC_TA

I'm gonna get my revenge though - I'm signing back up; that'll teach 'em a lesson! :lol: