Request for help

Before reaching for the phone (plus, I'm a cynical cove), it might be wise to carefully tease out his stories to confirm his history.

Why? Well, I was caught out by a similar tale some years ago whilst helping the 2i/c do the needful for another 'veteran'. Long story short? Oh, he'd served alright-1 year in RPC and then 18 months in a civilian nick for looting war dead at the time of the Blitz and not coming ashore at Juno on the first wave.

. . . just saying, chap.

ETA: just seen your #12.
I remember reading a bit in 'Pegasus' magazine a while ago about one of the Para battalions that fought in Arnhem.

When the few survivors returned to their home bases in East Anglia. Before the operation the soldiers had packed all their personnel possesions and none essential kit and placed in storage.

The RAOC had been detailed to go through all their kit and extract all re-useable military kit. What they did do in addition to this, was rife through and steal all the personnel kit.

Chaps, my wife is the events coordinator at a Harrogate old people's home.
One of her residents is an 94 year old ex para who served at Arnhem.
She is trying to get a small visit, perhaps a couple of Tom's and a member of the Sgts mess, to come to the home and visit the old boy on VE day.
Does anyone have contact details for the para battalion at Catterick, to see if she can make it happen.

Thanks in advance.
Edit to correct the old boys age.
I was watching a YouTube video about Para Reg Recruits P Company week tests at Catterick in 2018. They had a bemedalled old WW2 Para veteran with Red Beret, congratulating the winners of the milling. At the end of the tests on the last days tab, he presented the prize for the best recruit. It was an emotional moment both for the young crow and the old veteran.

I was watching a YouTube video about Para Reg Recruits P Company week tests at Catterick in 2018. They had a bemedalled old WW2 Para veteran with Red Beret, congratulating the winners of the milling. At the end of the tests on the last days tab, he presented the prize for the best recruit. It was an emotional moment both for the young crow and the old veteran.
Trying to find the vid of the old codgers at Vitesse for the football.
The club produced a maroon/sky jersey with Pegasus on it.
1582963559853.jpeg

blimey69

Swinger
It's a bit weird.
Most times I can't remember mu mobile number, my house phone number or even my postcode.

Car number? Haven't a f├╝cking clue.

But I still remember my Service Number.

And for some very odd reason, my NI number.
Did you do the YTS thing? Before joining? I don't think I will ever forget either Svc No. or NiNo.

Correct,
The flight is administratively part of No. 1 Group RAF, flying out of RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire.
Thanks - it's @ExREME..TECH you need to convince of what everybody else knows but he seems to have disappeared...

Latest Threads