Request for help

Chaps, my wife is the events coordinator at a Harrogate old people's home.
One of her residents is an 94 year old ex para who served at Arnhem.
She is trying to get a small visit, perhaps a couple of Tom's and a member of the Sgts mess, to come to the home and visit the old boy on VE day.
Does anyone have contact details for the para battalion at Catterick, to see if she can make it happen.

Thanks in advance.
Edit to correct the old boys age.

One of her residents is an 84 year old ex para who served at Arnhem.
She is trying to get a small visit, perhaps a couple of Tom's and a member of the Sgts mess, to come to the home and visit the old boy on VE day.
Does anyone have contact details for the para battalion at Catterick, to see if she can make it happen.

Thanks in advance.
84 and served at Arnhem?
A 10 year old Para then by my guesstimation

Thanks in advance.
With my job a lot claim to be ex military, one test what is your number? I has a man that claimed to be a Wing Commander flying Spitfires, even though the last one flew when his was 9

It's a bit weird.
Most times I can't remember mu mobile number, my house phone number or even my postcode.

Car number? Haven't a f├╝cking clue.

But I still remember my Service Number.

And for some very odd reason, my NI number.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Thanks in advance.
I believe they're at Helles Barracks
Address: Catterick Garrison DL9 4HH

Phone: 0800 085 3600

With my job a lot claim to be ex military, one test what is your number? I has a man that claimed to be a Wing Commander flying Spitfires, even though the last one flew when his was 9
Thanks for your top tip. If only I'd thought about having the missis checking his extensive documentation.

Cheers jinxy, looks like just what's needed.
Hopefully be able to sort it out from one of those contacts.
Before reaching for the phone (plus, I'm a cynical cove), it might be wise to carefully tease out his stories to confirm his history.

Why? Well, I was caught out by a similar tale some years ago whilst helping the 2i/c do the needful for another 'veteran'. Long story short? Oh, he'd served alright-1 year in RPC and then 18 months in a civilian nick for looting war dead at the time of the Blitz and not coming ashore at Juno on the first wave.

. . . just saying, chap.

ETA: just seen your #12.

Thanks for your top tip. If only I'd thought about having the missis checking his extensive documentation.
I wasn't telling you, I was posting for the greater ARRSE

Interesting, the RAF are still flying Spitfires today...

Latest Threads