Request for help re horses

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by abeaumont, Feb 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A request for advice please from a classroom teacher, who has a student asking the following question:- Are there any units/regiments etc in the Army that use horses that will recruit a female to become a soldier working with horses?

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered!

Adrian

2. is there still such a thing as the army vetinary corps??

3. yes - why don't you send her to army recruiting office for some literature

4. Many thanks - should have thought of that - there is a recruiting office about 15 miles from here - will point her to it.

Much obliged gentlement.

5. ...and lady (in my case!)

6. Poppy - you seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about 'being thanked'. This is the second time in less than an hour that you've fished for high fives from other ARRSErs.

What's wrong? Feeling unappreciated? If people don't say 'thanks' it usually means you were about as much help as a chocolate teapot.

Thanks for coming! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

7. I think that the gunners recruit into the Kings Troop but cannot be too sure. There must be a donkey walloper out there who knows. I have certainly seen girls in Kings Troop kit ( and not just in my dreams!!!)

8. Resurgam is correct - The Troop do recruit 'the ladies'.

abeaumont - PM me and I'll sort out all the info and pams you need! :D

9. KRH Ask for Major Ross :lol:

10. ROFLMAO!!! :D

(And that's not all the KRH are in the poo for right now.......)

11. You counting??????? Haven't you got any work to do................

12. Much obliged for all the kind help, especially Poppy, but then I am always nice to ladies. PM sent to Calypso a few minutes ago.

13. Poppy - no I haven't, I'm about to knock off!! :D

(And I was expecting a better bite than that!!)

14. sorry expending all my humour on UF at the moment sweetheart - there is a particularly serious humouless child called Paul on at present...........he is po faced little git

15. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Of course there is, however they no longer have grooms - they went the way of the dodo about 10 years ago. This particular task has now been civilianised.

If you want to serve in the Army and work with horses as a female then I'm afraid your only option would be King's Troop.

The young lady in question however doesn't mention what kind of work she wishes to undertake. The RAVC also have Vet Techs who obviously work with horses and dogs.