Request for help in finding someone.

Hi to all,
I'm new to to this guys so I await your advice and banter.

I have been asked to try and find an old friend of my father who, as I understand, is serving with 2SCOTS (RHF). What would be the best way to do this with respect to maintaining PERSEC?

Thanks all.
You could try:

[nickname] is looking for [nickname] who served in [unit] at [place] in [date]. Anybody who can help please PM me.
Then there'd be a series of PMs with trivial details until you're both sure that the other person is who he claims to be.
You mean the person you're looking for is serving with 2SCOTS? Maybe I'm being dim, but wouldn't snailmail to the guy via his unit be an option? (Glencorse Barracks, Edinburgh)?
Tracing Army personnel/forwarding mail
We cannot disclose contact details of service or ex-service personnel under any circumstances. However, if you are able to provide sufficient information to identify the individual's record, we will forward pre-paid correspondence on your behalf, provided that the individual is still serving or was discharged within the last year. Correspondence should be sent to:

APC MS Support - Disclosures 1
MP 520, Kentigern House,
65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX Tel: 0845 600 9663
Fax: 0141 224 3172

Latest Threads