Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republika Srpska (RS) as a “province” of Serbia (2020)

Not merely “Sabre rattling” as the video title claims . . . although there must be an element of that.

As one commentator points-out, the parade was a celebration of the end of the last BIG “unpleasantness”.

But, I will ask others to comment, who have a better knowledge of the Srbi jesik, than me,

And, I will ask others to comment, who have a better knowledge of the military, than Mrs RCT(V).

1. POLITICS.

Sat “at-the-right-hand” of the Srbi Prime Minister, is Dodik who is the leader (“President”), of Republika Srpska (RS), within B-i-H.

I cannot think of anything more symbolic, significant, than that “compliment”!!

Below my radar, but according to Mrs RCT(V), there is some current discussion on the status of Kosovo. It would seem that IF/WHEN the separation of Kosovo from Serbia is confirmed (I thought it had been !), then it will trigger a cessation of Republika Srpska . . . from B-i-H . . . and, the acceptance, integration, of Republika Srpska, as a “province” of Serbia !!

. . . Dodik and the SNSD have pursued an increasingly-nationalist and separatist line, invoking the right of the Bosnian Serbs to self-determination.[2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] Alongside nationalist rhetoric, his time in power has been characterised by authoritarianism,[10][11][12][13] repudiation of federal Bosnian institutions,[14][15][16] and closer connections to Serbia[17][18] and Russia.[19][20]
Milorad Dodik - Wikipedia

2. MARCHING.

Whilst NOT “goose-stepping”, the stylised affectation that the Serbs regarding as “marching”, is noted . . . . However, it must be remembered by those of us, who have been brought-up with the British Army, and our “quaint” foot-stamping (“PICK IT UP -and- DRIVE IT IN”), that it is just a perplexing to others!

3. AIRCRAFT.

I understand that the flypast of fighters was provided by the Russian air force, with a smaller contribution from Belarus. They must have crossed NATO airspace to get there! Did we know? Were we told?

Did the aircraft return home, or have they been left if Serbia ?!

4. ARMOUR.

I presume that the tanks are of Russian design, if not actually manufactured there. But, how did they get to Serbia. Mrs RCT(V) remembers that there was some concern, about the transport of the tanks, through NATO countries.

One of the leading tanks is clearly showing the familiar Russian stiped “colours” on its side. Was it (and all the others) “invited” to attend merely the parade . . . as a gesture of solidarity?

Did the all the tanks return home, or have they been left if Serbia ?!

Last edited:
The 'war' began on 15 June 1389 and (for Serbian nationalism) continues to this day.

ETA: you do realise that the parade was held over 15 months ago?
Yes, I do realise ;) . That does not make the parade, or the questions/my observations, any less significant.

Last edited:

Jasenite

Old-Salt

Not merely “Sabre rattling” as the video title claims . . . although there must be an element of that.

As one commentator points-out, the parade was a celebration of the end of the last BIG “unpleasantness”.

But, I will ask others to comment, who have a better knowledge of the Srbi jesik, than me,

And, I will ask others to comment, who have a better knowledge of the military, than Mrs RCT(V).

1. POLITICS.

Sat “at-the-right-hand” of the Srbi Prime Minister, is Dodik who is the leader (“President”), of Republika Srpska (RS), within B-i-H.

I cannot think of anything more symbolic, significant, than that “compliment”!!

Below my radar, but according to Mrs RCT(V), there is some current discussion on the status of Kosovo. It would seem that IF/WHEN the separation of Kosovo from Serbia is confirmed (I thought it had been !), then it will trigger a cessation of Republika Srpska . . . from B-i-H . . . and, the acceptance, integration, of Republika Srpska, as a “province” of Serbia !!

Milorad Dodik - Wikipedia

2. MARCHING.

Whilst NOT “goose-stepping”, the stylised affectation that the Serbs regarding as “marching”, is noted . . . . However, it must be remembered by those of us, who have been brought-up with the British Army, and are “quaint” foot-stamping (“PICK IT UP -and- DRIVE IT IN”), is just a perplexing to others!

3. AIRCRAFT.

I understand that the flypast of fighters was provided by the Russian air force, with a smaller contribution from Belarus. They must have crossed NATO airspace to get there! Did we know? Were we told?

Did the aircraft return home, or have they been left if Serbia ?!

4. ARMOUR.

I presume that the tanks are of Russian design, if not actually manufactured there. But, how did they get to Serbia. Mrs RCT(V) remembers that there was some concern, about the transport of the tanks, through NATO countries.

One of the leading tanks is clearly showing the familiar Russian stiped “colours” on its side. Was it (and all the others) “invited” to attend merely the parade . . . as a gesture of solidarity?

Did the all the tanks return home, or have they been left if Serbia ?!
Dodik is not the President of the RS. He is the Serb member of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as stated in your Wikipedia link. Please try and keep upto date.

Dodik is not the President of the RS. He is the Serb member of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as stated in your Wikipedia link. Please try and keep upto date.
Eh! For the benefit of the ARRSE membership, I stated Dodik's position/appointment, in terms that would be generally understood . . . but, thank you for your explanation/confirmation/pedantry ;) .

Your answers to the observations/questions raised, are . . . ?!

Last edited:

Jasenite

Old-Salt
Eh! For the benefit of the ARRSE membership, I stated Dodik's position/appointment, in terms that would be generally understood . . . but, thank you for your explanation/confirmation/pedantry ;) .

Your answers to the observations/questions raised, are . . . ?!
Correction is pedantry in your opinion, and you also seem to be patronising the ARSSE membership.

OK here we go.

The President of the RS is the blond at 0;13 in the film. Zeljka Cvijanovic. And yes I would. I have met here at least 5 times. She is a Professor of English and speaks it so well she used to do part time work for HMF.

They can talk as much as they like about Kosovo and the withdrawal of the RS from BiH but it will never happen. The western half of the RS has no common border with Serbia and the Croats are not Blue forces to them. Separating Est and Western RS is the Brcko district. Oh and the West won't let it happen.

The marching is the old JNA marching style.
Six MiG 29 s were donated to the Serbian Government by the Russians in 2018 IIRC. Another 4 were donated by Belarus. Best thing ever for the Balkans as the Serbs are spending a considerable portion of their defence budget keeping them in the air.

The GW fitted to the APC are updated and modified SAGGER missiles. The panzers are modified JNA M84 and T72 donated by Russia. They were sneaked in. By whom? They stated through Hungarian airspace using an airbridge.

All are still in Serbia because they were donated to them.

Their is a lot of bollox talked about the RS by people who should know better. More is talked by people who don't know what they are talking about and who fail to understand the Balkans mentality. Liberal westernism stops at Ljubljana. Look at the Croatian treatment of refugees. They just beat them up, steal their phones/cash and heave them back across the border to Bosnia.

Last edited:

Latest Threads