Republican bar in Moscow

Blimey. They ought to open a loyalist bar across the road and wait for the funn to start.

Its probably owed by the Russian Mafia, so good luck!

Guinness (500 мл) - 240 руб - is that a good price for a pint of Guinness in Moscow?

RoyogtheRovers said:

Guinness (500 мл) - 240 руб - is that a good price for a pint of Guinness in Moscow?
Thats about £5 I think so they must be some very rich Republicans.

RoyogtheRovers said:
Or Thomas 'Slab' Murphy.

I notice the third photo down shows a typical 'troops out' pic with the squaddies marching in the direction of 'England'. Does that mean that Scots and Welsh cap-badges can stay put? Or does it mean that the guy who produced this painting is a mong?

'They ought to open a loyalist bar across the road and wait for the funn to start.'

We could open a Chechen-themed bar in London, except they're all Islamists, so they don't drink.

Sadly, that's about standard for Guinness over here. And it's usually crap, too. I get mine in tins, brewed in St Petersburg, for 68 roubles a go. Or I buy Ukrainian dark beer.

Do they have lock ins and if so, do they think of it as internment?

Do they serve food or do they feel the need to emulate Bobby Sands and co?

Are there toilets or is it a case of the good old fashioned dirty protest?

And if the local supermarkets ever runs out of potatoes, do they blame it on the English?

And just how Irish are Edelweiss and sodding Heineken?

weekend_worrier said:
I notice the third photo down shows a typical 'troops out' pic with the squaddies marching in the direction of 'England'. Does that mean that Scots and Welsh cap-badges can stay put? Or does it mean that the guy who produced this painting is a mong?
They always blame the English, thats why Scotland and Wales have never been bombed by them.

stacker1 said:
weekend_worrier said:
They always blame the English, thats why Scotland and Wales have never been bombed by them.
I'm not sure about Wales but Scotland was supposedly never bombed because of the support they had there or that they could call upon. Though a bomb attack in 1977 in a Gorbals bar was attributed to the IRA.

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/treanors.html

stacker1 said:
mistersoft said:
I'm not sure about Wales but Scotland was supposedly never bombed because of the support they had there or that they could call upon.
I'd say it more to do with blaming the English for all their troubles (A bit like the SNP)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1201738.stm
Sounds feasible. I do wonder what the Russians actually know about it all?

Odd pub decorations for the Russkies to use. :?

We have plenty of Irish pubs over here in the States, but not so far as I know, any pubs decorated in IRA themes. (Unless of course there would be some in Teddy-Land (MA) ;) :p )

The Russkies should open a Loyalist pub right across the street. The owners could have their patrons dress up in appropriate costumes during the marching season and menace the pro-IRA pub's patrons who then, of course, could retaliate by setting off flash-bang grenades in the loyalist pub, etc. Oh what fun they'd have. ;) :p

Earlier this year, at the annual Moscow St Patrick's day parade, there were a few pr!cks walting it up, dressed as IRA people in paramilitary kit, marching along behind. They were Russians, bizarrely, and the Irish present were highly unimpressed. I wonder if the owner of this place is in any way associated with these idiots?

mistersoft said:
Do they have lock ins and if so, do they think of it as internment?

Do they serve food or do they feel the need to emulate Bobby Sands and co?

Are there toilets or is it a case of the good old fashioned dirty protest?

And if the local supermarkets ever runs out of potatoes, do they blame it on the English?

And just how Irish are Edelweiss and sodding Heineken?
In the Moscow winter, will they provide customers with blankets?

McSorley's in NY was a well known haunt of NORAID scum during the mid-eighties.

What sort of prick would open a shamrock bar in Moscow? Oh, of course, silly me. What's his next business venture, selling volcanic ash in Iceland.?

Not exactly packed to the rafters either, I wonder why. :roll: