Representing In Civvies

Septic sid said:
You say you've not worn a uniform in over 25 years. Your profile says you are 45.
Correct. What age do you have to be to wear a uniform in your country?

I have my answer. Now I just sit back and watch the assumptions fly. This is my favourite:

bob_the_bomb said:
Come on, he's ex-REME. Not often he has a chance to talk down to someone.
I'm not sure when REME crept into the conversation, but it makes for a great read.

You should only wear miniatures on black tie once retired at a royal event or one held in the City. For non military events that is.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think the more important question here is whether you are going to wear your dinner jacket with the sleeves up or down....?

This is almost worth a thread of its own. You see some bloody peculiar versions of black tie here in Australia. Once saw a bloke in a gold shiny dinner jacket (who wasn't in the band).

Correct. What age do you have to be to wear a uniform in your country?

I have my answer. Now I just sit back and watch the assumptions fly. This is my favourite:

I'm not sure when REME crept into the conversation, but it makes for a great read.
Post #28...?

Go on then, tell us you're really from the household cavalry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe AOT was planning to wear his stable belt over his jacket? As per web belt over smock or stable belt over jersey HW.
I always think baler twine looks good over a jacket, and if you've lost a button it's the only option. It's hard to find the hairy brown stuff now, but your local farmer could probably give you some of the latest red polypropylene.

I always think baler twine looks good over a jacket, and if you've lost a button it's the only option. It's hard to find the hairy brown stuff now, but your local farmer could probably give you some of the latest red polypropylene.
always nice to get the advice of a genuine fashion guru. :)

2/51

LE
Can someone please point me to a website where I can buy an Operation Yewtree medal. I hear people talking about this all the time in relation to cadets so presume it must be a cadet thing.

I have tried Awardmedals but they don't seem to do it.

Many thanks,
Sub Major Lance Captain Jimmy Saville.
ACF, ATC, Scouts and Guides.

ches

LE
Can someone please point me to a website where I can buy an Operation Yewtree medal. I hear people talking about this all the time in relation to cadets so presume it must be a cadet thing.

I have tried Awardmedals but they don't seem to do it.

Many thanks,
Sub Major Lance Captain Jimmy Saville.
ACF, ATC, Scouts and Guides.
Dead old perv Walt.

Latest Threads