Representing In Civvies

Hi.

I've not worn a uniform in over 25 years. I still have my stable belt, though. I've been invited to attend a black tie dinner with my son's Air Training Corps. I know that there will be other folks there in various mess dress.

I've observed that it seems commonplace to wear a beret at Remembrance Services, etc. for example. Is there any similar precident for wearing a stable belt with black tie in like-minded company? I'd just like to show the colours, since I still have them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Stable belt with Black tie................................dear god no.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hi.

I've not worn a uniform in over 25 years. I still have my stable belt, though. I've been invited to attend a black tie dinner with my son's Air Training Corps. I know that there will be other folks there in various mess dress.

I've observed that it seems commonplace to wear a beret at Remembrance Services, etc. for example. Is there any similar precident for wearing a stable belt with black tie in like-minded company? I'd just like to show the colours, since I still have them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Fine, if you want yo look a complete chopper.

I suggests you contact @stacker1 and try and buy a Regtl cummerbund, he probably has the contract on PRI items!

try wearing a regimental watch strap as a choker.

vampireuk

On ROPS
On ROPs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

accept the fact that when you.re out you're out, you are an ex professional soldier,don't become a professional ex soldier.

If you're in a DJ, then miniatures on the lapel is about as much as you can do without looking a dick. Wearing a stable belt as a cummerbund? If you used to be a brickie, would you be contemplating wearing a hi-viz waistcoat?

I'd like to see photos of these trousers that have 3" belt loops.

Please God, not black-dyed lightweights...

Hi.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
How about you restrain yourself to the veterans' badge and a nice pair of regimental cuff links?

Last edited:
A stable belt with black tie? John 11:35.

Why not wear a pair of Hitec Silver Shadow IIs with it too?

Edit: Thinking about it, DJ/Tux pants have no belt loops anyway, because they are meant to be worn with braces. Wearing a stable belt would look as ridiculous as the crabs do wearing a stable belt with kecks ohne belt loops.

Non.

Maybe AOT was planning to wear his stable belt over his jacket? As per web belt over smock or stable belt over jersey HW.

Latest Threads