Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reports of massacre of protesters in Lagos

Oyibo

LE
Hmm ... I hope they gave them some practice on accurate shooting, the standard shown here is appalling ..

Ah! The good old Bar Beach executions.

I have done business with this guy's family. This is his house, it's in Lagos but not Lekki.

Feel free to point out the pigs and the open sewers (after you've counted the Bentleys in his drive).

I know a little bit more than you realise and unlike you I don't rely on trite prejudices and old-fashioned racism to form a judgement.

Ok, Mike.
I spent a lot of time in Lagos.
Normally VI, but also Lekki, as many Saffer companies are investing there.
Yes, Lekki is a 'gated community'.
With some serious security to keep the riff-raff out.
However, it is an enclave of mega rich, and is no reflection whatsoever of Lagos as a whole.
Which is a shithole.
And yes, lots of Bentleys and other fine cars.
Shame the roads -and traffic - are so bad you'd never be able to drive them anywhere near their potential.

Oyibo

LE
@Mike Barton . Here's your luxury houses in gated communities in Lekki (there are no beggars in the photo because they'd be waist deep in water in the rainy season):

1603402281060.png

Oyibo

LE
And no litter, as it has all been washed out to sea.

The lagoon on that side, but your point is valid.

As an aside, when MTN had built their first switch in Nigeria they held a braai next to the creek on Ikoyi. It was a balmy day and everyone was in high spirits (one or two of the men might have been wearing knee-length shorts, knee-length white socks, and sandals).

Looking over the foetid lagoon a bloated white thing passed by. "What's that?" exclaimed a saffa woman.

My B2B gleefully told everyone, "We've got a floater." (Dead body.) Just after he said that a speedboat came roaring down the creek and ran over it, bursting the body. The stench came wafting over the braii area and not much was eaten.

The lagoon on that side, but your point is valid.

As an aside, when MTN had built their first switch in Nigeria they held a braai next to the creek on Ikoyi. It was a balmy day and everyone was in high spirits (one or two of the men might have been wearing knee-length shorts, knee-length white socks, and sandals).

Looking over the foetid lagoon a bloated white thing passed by. "What's that?" exclaimed a saffa woman.

My B2B gleefully told everyone, "We've got a floater." (Dead body.) Just after he said that a speedboat came roaring down the creek and ran over it, bursting the body. The stench came wafting over the braii area and not much was eaten.

Picked up at Harcourt airport and on the way to where we were staying in Aba, was a corpse lying in the road, having been run over by an 18 wheeler, or similar.
'Oh, it was there when we since yesterday' says my colleague.
Gottas love the Nigies

Oh look...

Reminds me of Detroit even before the blm shïte, still can’t figure out what the common denominator would be.......

Oyibo

LE
Picked up at Harcourt airport and on the way to where we were staying in Aba, was a corpse lying in the road, having been run over by an 18 wheeler, or similar.
'Oh, it was there when we since yesterday' says my colleague.
Gottas love the Nigies

These things happen. One of the difficulties is that anyone who does anything with the body assumes responsibility for it (and the very costly funeral arrangements). Photo below from the road between Warri and Ughelli. It stayed there for two days:

1603404361099.png

Oyibo

LE
Boot size?

Oh...

I nicked the flip flops.

ETA I also have a phot of the torso. The head was missing, but human heads fetch a high price in the juju markets (I'm not joking).

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads