Reports Link Karzai’s Brother to Heroin Trade

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Oct 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You are posting this as if we should be surprised at this news?
    I would have thought that everybody and his brother was "at it" in some shape or form.
    I believe that there were some figures published recently saying that heroin production was up despite the best efforts of the coalition forces: Perhaps this is the excuse that Brer Yank is waiting for to wheel out Agent Orange again
  2. No, it is something that can be expected. However

Moreover, it appears that the Americans were well aware about involvement of presidents brother in the drug trade.

Despite the best efforts? You joke. In fact nothing is being done. Moreover, in fact coalition forces defend drug makers and dealers from Taliban that effectively reduced durgs production during its rule.
  3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Having sat in on several Counter Narcotics meetings here in sunny Afghan, I can -with a reasonable amount of confidence - tell you that you're talking out of your hoop.
  4. Sergey, talking out of his hoop? Like that's not a surprise...
  5. Several Counter Narcotics meetings? And what have been decided as a result of the meetings? What really has been done?

So maybe except blah-blah-blah during so called 'Counter Narcotics meeting' nothing is being done to stop production of drugs in Afghanistan. Moreover, US/NATO forces don't allow Taliban to fight effectively with drug makers and dealers.
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You're not very bright, are you? I'm not going to start throwing figures around about CN activities on an open forum and if you choose not to believe someone who sits at the very heart of the problem and witnesses the actual results, best you bugger off back to la la land.
  7. I am not, thank god, out there but it does not need a lot of wit to realise that the Taliban are getting their funds from somewhere.
    To continue to get their funds they need compliance from all sorts of people and who better than people in Government.
  8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Undoubtedly the Taliban get funds from all sorts of sources but your assertion that it's the Government is overly simplistic. The Taliban are not just some simple group of people who can stick their paw and expect the Govt to hand over wads of cash, they are largely funded through their own criminal activities and a vast amount of weaponry and explosives smuggled in through the border regions. That Hamid Karzai's brother has been involved in nefarious activities is not news, it's been suspected for a long time and Mr Resident's conspiracy theories don't stand up to scrutiny.
  9. my bold

This is what I meant: That there has to be connivance from higher up the tree for them to be able to dispose of their wares.
    I am quite sure that the Taliban are, by now, a very sophisticated group and have plenty of "contacts".
    They fought the Russians and now they are fighting the Coalition. They will have learnt an awful lot in that time, not least, how to grease palms.
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

No, there doesn't and you're missing the point. The Taliban doesn't give a flying hoot about the Govt as it simply doesn't have to. They carry on doing what they do with complete disregard and there is no need grease their palms. There is far likely to be more concern at a local level through village elders and mullahs than there is for a Govt official. It's difficult, complicated and really isn't as simple as you think it is. My advice to you is to see it for yourself to see how it works and if you can't do that, research it as it's a lot of info to take in (and I don't have the time or the will to slavishly bang on about the power structure here).
  11. to shorten quote

I apologise for trying to appear to simplfy what is a terrible mess.
  12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Apology completely unnecessary but you're right, it is a mess.
  13. So it is a top secret information I fancy. The main secret I suppose is the fact that really nothing is being done

The General is absolutely right and no doubt that pres.Karzai supports his position

American puppet could begin with his brother as a first step. But as a puppet he follows command from the Master. So the Master prefers merely imitate fierce struggle against narcotics.

So translating it from political English to usial one we see that US allows its puppets to earn dirty money on narcotics.