Reporting - Long Term Reserves

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by JT0475, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there still a requirement for annual reporting whilst on the Long Term Reserve? I haven't had a letter from Glasgow for a few years now, and I don't want some Johnny come lately screwing me over for my pension when the time comes (a while off yet luckily) - I did write to Glasgow a few years ago after moving, but I haven't had the form to sign and return for years.
    Any advice most welcome! This doesn't mean I am angling for an all expenses tour to the 'stan btw :soldier:

2. How old are you? My father wrote when we moved-he must have been 48 or so and they wrote back to say he was close enough and they wouldn't be in touch again-that was in the late 70's though.

3. Grand old age of 44 - so not too old to receive the call in dire national emergency, providing they still have Ptarmigan, Clansman, TSC501/502, issue SLR/LMG or L85A1!!!
    Could still cut a few people up in a 432 as well if need be.
    :desertsoldier:

4. I'm sure you're only in the LTR until your 45th birthday, so if you don't hear anything before then you're safe.

I haven't heard anything at all from the Army since I was transferred to the LTR, mind you I don't live in the UK any more, so that may be why.

5. I left in 2007 after almost 17 years service. My discharge certificate has no info in the reserve liability box. Does this mean I have no liability? I have heard nothing since I left and had nothing said to me about having to report anywhere at any interval. I left under normal discharge following notice. Strange.

6. I'm on the LTR until 60 having completed 14 years pensionable service, and have been out 12 years this year. I received annual letters asking me to confirm status until a few years ago, then nothing, although I did write to them.

Maybe I'll just have to let sleeping dogs lie!