Reporting a driver for using a mobile phone whilst driving.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by postman_twit, May 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How seriously do the Police take these reports from motorists? I wouldn't normally bother but there is a little bit more to it then me been a c**t.

I'm a LGV driver and currently getting grief off my boss as I'm sticking to the rule book. I'm also getting grief off him when not sticking to the rule book (a story familiar to most wagon drivers). He had me in the other day to give me a reaming and told me to get a grip. The next day I see him 'off duty' driving his personal vehicle with his phone clamped to his ear.

Should I report him and if I do will the Police just take my word against his or will he need to produce call logs etc??? Will they even bother their backsides to follow it up? Just to make it a bit more interesting, he also holds his C + E licence. It is my understanding that any such driver may end up with a ban for this offence? This could well cost him his job. Do I keep this occurence as an 'ace up my sleeve' to cover my back and if so, how long would I have to report it by?

I welcome any feedback offering either legal or moral advice.

TIA,

P-T

2. Smash his fingers with a lump hammer whilst screaming, "Try using your phone now Noddy!"

• Like Like x 2
  3. He's a big lump who has spent nearly 20 years on the doors as a side line. The hammer approach may not work.

4. Hmmmm, may be best just to turn a blind eye then.

5. He's obviously jealous of your service for Queen and Country, flaunt your service by wearing medals, old kit and using Army slang.
    That'll learn 'im.

• Like Like x 1
  6. He'll probably get caught anyway if he's a prolific disobeyer. Hopefully he won't squash anyone first.

7. The overstretched, underfunded and undermanned police force will sympathise with you whilst making up excuses about why you shouldn't bother taking it any further.

Once you walk out of the station (or put the phone down) they'll giggle at each other whilst muttering '**** me, as if we haven't enough to do without whinging ***** bubbling their bosses over pointless shite'.

That's what I'd do if I were a copper at any rate.

• Like Like x 7
  8. This is the same bloke who bollocked me for not wearing eye protection despite not been issued it. Apparantly I should have known to ask for it. The fact that none of the other 25 drivers wear eye protection either would lead me to believe it's not required for that operation! Hmmmmm.

9. All of the above. But give your head a wobble first.

10. It's what I'd do too FSJ. I'm just looking at all options as I'm gently nudged towards the exit door. It's petty and I don't like doing it but I'm keeping notes and any further meetings/conversations will be recorded.

11. It's what I'd do too FSJ. I'm just looking at all options as I'm gently nudged towards the exit door. It's petty and I don't like doing it but I'm keeping notes and any further meetings/conversations will be recorded.

12. Report him to the H&S nazis then, if he wont provide eye protection what else is he cutting corners on.

13. Do you spend all of your life scheming how to grass people up Mr Popular?

Take a day off, chill out and go down the pub with some friends. Laugh at their jokes, enjoy the sunshine and savour being here and enjoying life.

FFS!

14. PPE is available but only if you ask for it. If it's compulsary it should be issued to all, monitored and enforced, it isn't.