Reporter arrested getting job at Buckingham palace

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Un-Friendly-Fire, Feb 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Daily Mirror caught

Well this is a nice change. Would be nice if somehow they could claim he was a terrorist and put him in jail for 28 days.

"Legitimate journalistic enterprise" :roll:

Good job police i guess.
  2. Good job he wasn't brazilian!!
  3. Never saw that but one was Daily Mirror and one was news of the world...Your second theory was the right one PassingBells. Now im even more gobsmacked at how little reporting the papers are actually doing
  4. My only hope is that it was Martin Samuel ("Why can't we all love each other and the Army is full of nasty rough men who hit people" of the Times) and that he's currently being filled in by some big coppers.

I don't hold out much hope though, the world is an unfair place.

Ho Hum.

Can the Journo get charged?
  5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Well he must have lied on the application form so surely a charge of fraud would be in order.
  6. Charge him with deception and that doesn't stick, charge him with being a Cnut under s3 of You Can't Be a Cnut Act 2006.

Falling that, let 1 LI take on Public Duties for a bit.
  7. Well, looking on the bright side for the Journo, at least he can write his undercover expose of the prison system when they bang him up!!!
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

It's another one! Oh joy.
  9. IIRC, the NotW reporter has been charged with attempting to gain pecuniary advantage by deception. This is a delightful irony, since it means that by not mentioning her highly paid job as a hack, she allegedly attempted to deceive palace officials so as to gain far less cash as a servant...

I daresay that the Mirror reporter will face similar charges if they're raised. Personally, I can't help thinking it would be an idea to knowingly let a reporter get a job, and then shoot them when they're found doing something suspicious. Might stem the tide of applications....
  10. yeah, you only get away with that if you're a government minister!
  11. Hopefully in the same cell as Bubba! :twisted:
  12. Well he is within a mile of Parliament!
  13. Why do Journalist think it is their God given right to test security at royal, or other high security establishments. What will be the outcry if one of them gets a shoeing??? or accidentally gets shot...7 times???