Repo Armed Forces Vetrans Badges appear on eBay!!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mad_Moriarty, Nov 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shocking awful reproduction!! :evil:

Item number: 150064135876

[​IMG]

2. have people no respect or morals on ebay

3. Im on the phone to the Armed Forces Agency as we speak!

Im expecting a call from the team that produced the originals.

4. i hope they sue the git and give the money to the agency where it belongs and not in his/her pocket. i thought ebay had some sort of policy against fraud.

5. The MOD should be registrered with the Vero programme. It's an intellecual property thing.

But heh its eBay, you will receive an automated reply days after the auction has ended!!

6. Wearing a reproduction Veterans Badge now that is someone applying for King of Walts Status.

Seems a lot of hassle to reproduce for a limited audience. I hasten to add I know little (nothing) about producing badges or how many thourobred civilians with no mil service would want one.........

Computer geeks have banned my access to Ebay at work so cannot comment too much!!

7. If you go to:-

Sellers other items

He seems to be selling 'veterans' badges from all sorts of campaigns. Is he aiming his sales at veterans who have lost thier badges, badge collectors or just walt wannabes?

8. Are those little oil rigs north and south of Baghdad?
    [​IMG]
    I hope he's not suggesting that's why we went there!

DoE

9. I don't know, but I for one didn't even know ther was a veterans badge for Iraq, the Gulf War, NI, the Falklands, Cyprus.... or anywhere else for that matter.

Are they approved by veterans groups? Or just knocked out for sale to the unwary?

That may not be fraud, but copying or sale of an HM Forces Veteran badge to someone who isn't entitled, in order to enable them to pass as a veteran may be?

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Shocking

11. I must admit I lost my little veterans badge, and around Rememberance time, I was looking on ebay to see if I could get a replacement to wear next to my poppy. These badges were going for around about 35 quid! I lost one auction and it sickens me if the person I lost to was a walt. But if the winning bidder was a walt, then hopefully he got stuck with a dud, although the photograph looked pretty acurate.

So in the end, I just made do with my Mr P badge! Which looks better, anyway!

12. Such a lot of fuss over a Brummagem tin pin! The real focus should stay on the veterans or the walts - one because they need cohesive support each time they go up against the machine, and on the other because they distract and dishonour.

13. Do you think I could market this on ebay :D
    [​IMG]

14. yep.. id buy it..

15. id like to add-- for my misses who works for them...