Reply With Quote Very Slow

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Ritch, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ahh, so thats why when I look at "Whats New", threads keep disappearing! =-D

BTW Mods, I keep getting "Server is Busy, Please Try Again Later" ever 5 minutes.
  2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I've had a few 'server busy' messages which are annoying....hardware struggling?

Also i noticed this thread had 14 replies but 0 views on the 'what's new' page....interesting.

3. "Reply with Quote" button takes a VERY long time and nothing happens. (It could be that I'm getting bored and clicking the "Back Button" without waiting long enough.)

Same with the "Load Image" button on the "Go Advanced" Reply.

Quote from dingerr -
    "The blue 'go to last post' tab is not showing up all the time".
    End quote
    It often gets pushed out of sight by a long User Name, eg 'The Phantom Bear Dresser' but that used to happen before.

So far, all in all, the site looks good. Well done the COs.
  4. As previously mentioned by sluggy, the 'Reply with Quote' button takes ages, actually, mine doesn't work at all as far as I'm concerned, as I can't wait more than the 10 mins I've already given it.
  5. HHH

HHH LE

As above by jimflint plus preview posts does not work either
  6. It does work, but you need to click on the button, then wait a second, and click it again.

I am getting lots of "server busy" messages at the moment.
  7. True, I found out by smacking it in frustration. =|
  8. Nice one, COs.
    I've just logged on at home using IE6 on a 17" monitor. The new layout is great. Really clear and easy to read.
    "Reply with Quote" is very fast.
    However, I couldn't get an Image to load when I clicked the "Image" button. I got the "Add an Image" dialog box but nothing happened when I clicked the "From Computer" button. (I haven't had a chance to read all the threads about the upgrade, so if I'm not up to speed and am repeating known problems - SORRY!)

I managed to get the above screen shot to load after I clicked "Go Advanced". The lower half of the "Add an Image" dialog suddenly appeared (it had fallen off the bottom of the screen before) and I was able to click "Select Files" (which wasn't visible before) and load the screen shot fom the next window.
    This may be an IE6 issue. Anyway, hope the report helps.
  9. Reply with quote works fine this morning.