"Reply with quote" question

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by HHH, Mar 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

If you are "replying with quote" to a post that already has within it, a "reply with quote" how do you include the both quotes in your own quote.

(I know thats a lot of quotes but don't quote me on it.)

I hope somebody understands what I mean because it confused me and I typed it!
  2. Try the little icon to the right of RWQ; it says 'Multi-quote this message' which sounds promising, but I've never used it.
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I tried that before & it didn't seem to work,but probably me doing something wrong,or like other buttons & links on here the past while its f*cked!
  4. No Shit.

You can't.

Jog on.
  5. Does this work? It does!

HHH, I clicked the multiquote icon in my post, then in yours, then clicked RWQ in my post; this is the result. Just stuff around with it, like I just did; you can always delete it if it doesn't work.
  6. HHH

HHH LE

Many thanks mark I see what you mean now, I was doing it wrong.
  7. HHH

HHH LE

No Shit really I think I just have, thanks very much for your constructive advice & help, your a font of knowledge.
  8. You mean a little something like this?
  9. HHH

HHH LE

Yea exactly like that
  10. 'Quotes, sir! Thousands of 'em!'
  11. I did it by clicking on the multiquote option which gives you the quotes all separately like this...

Then I fiddled with the code...

cut and paste all the opening quote wraps back to the start in reverse order

[ QUOTE=Boozy;3679492][ QUOTE=HHH;3679480][ QUOTE=Mark The Convict;3679471][ QUOTE=HHH;3679469]

Leave all the quote wrap end codes in place ( [/QUOTE] )

and you should end up with

There's probably a much simpler way of doing that, but i haven't worked it out myself yet!
  12. Aren't you clever!
  13. No I just have way too much spare time on my hands atm! haha
  14. I have several jobs you can do for me. Don't forget to bring your glasses.
  15. )

and you should end up with

There's probably a much simpler way of doing that, but i haven't worked it out myself yet![/QUOTE]

By doing it that way, you are undoing the Co's reasoning behind not having that ability, ie. ending up with fucked quotes!

Edited to add, just like what has happened, just by quoting your post!