• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

"Reply with quote" question

If you are "replying with quote" to a post that already has within it, a "reply with quote" how do you include the both quotes in your own quote.

(I know thats a lot of quotes but don't quote me on it.)

I hope somebody understands what I mean because it confused me and I typed it!

M

Mark The Convict

Try the little icon to the right of RWQ; it says 'Multi-quote this message' which sounds promising, but I've never used it.

I tried that before & it didn't seem to work,but probably me doing something wrong,or like other buttons & links on here the past while its f*cked!

If you are "replying with quote" to a post that already has within it, a "reply with quote" how do you include the both quotes in your own quote.

No Shit.

You can't.

Jog on.

M

Mark The Convict

Try the little icon to the right of RWQ; it says 'Multi-quote this message' which sounds promising, but I've never used it.
I tried that before & it didn't seem to work,but probably me doing something wrong,or like other buttons & links on here the past while its f*cked!
Does this work? It does!

HHH, I clicked the multiquote icon in my post, then in yours, then clicked RWQ in my post; this is the result. Just stuff around with it, like I just did; you can always delete it if it doesn't work.

No Shit.

You can't.

Jog on.
No Shit really I think I just have, thanks very much for your constructive advice & help, your a font of knowledge.

B

Boozy

No Shit.

You can't.

Jog on.
Does this work? It does!

HHH, I clicked the multiquote icon in my post, then in yours, then clicked RWQ in my post; this is the result. Just stuff around with it, like I just did; you can always delete it if it doesn't work.
Many thanks mark I see what you mean now, I was doing it wrong.
No Shit really I think I just have, thanks very much for your constructive advice & help, your a font of knowledge.
You mean a little something like this?

No Shit.

You can't.

Jog on.
Yea exactly like that

B

Boozy

I did it by clicking on the multiquote option which gives you the quotes all separately like this...

Then I fiddled with the code...

cut and paste all the opening quote wraps back to the start in reverse order

[ QUOTE=Boozy;3679492][ QUOTE=HHH;3679480][ QUOTE=Mark The Convict;3679471][ QUOTE=HHH;3679469]

Leave all the quote wrap end codes in place ( [/QUOTE] )

and you should end up with

There's probably a much simpler way of doing that, but i haven't worked it out myself yet!

I did it by clicking on the multiquote option which gives you the quotes all separately like this...

Then I fiddled with the code...

cut and paste all the opening quote wraps back to the start in reverse order

[ QUOTE=Boozy;3679492][ QUOTE=HHH;3679480][ QUOTE=Mark The Convict;3679471][ QUOTE=HHH;3679469]

Leave all the quote wrap end codes in place (
)

and you should end up with

There's probably a much simpler way of doing that, but i haven't worked it out myself yet![/QUOTE]

By doing it that way, you are undoing the Co's reasoning behind not having that ability, ie. ending up with fucked quotes!

Edited to add, just like what has happened, just by quoting your post!

Latest Threads