Reply/quote notifications

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by baconator, Jul 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would it be possible to have a system that sends you a notification if someone quotes you in order to reply to a post or comment?

It could be helpful for someone making an off topic post which gets answered,
    or if someone was trying a wind-up or just being a pain in the arse. (this is probably what it'd end up being used for the most).

Just a suggestion.
  2. Threads you subscribe to are already replied to via your email. If it was done via notifications, the bloody thing would never be empty!
  3. HHH

HHH LE

You have options of how you want to be notified in "Settings" then "General Settings"

Sent from under my pillow
  4. I know what you mean, but I meant only when someone quotes you.
    Like I have done just now, you would get a messaging saying you've been quoted (or something to the effect).
    I know what you mean, as it'd be like my emails before I stopped facebook sending me a million a day.

They reason being had you asked a of topic question in a thread and someone answers it, you wouldn't have to scroll through hundreds of posts to see if you had been answered.
    Could also work well if you are doing a wind-up so you can know when someones taken they bait.

It might be a daft idea, but I've come across a few times when it would've been handy.
  5. Go to the thread toolbar, just above the first post, and on the right you will see Display. Click that and you can change how the posts are displayed. Threaded mode will show a link between posts where someone has clicked either the reply button or the reply with quote button. Have a play with that and hybrid.
    • Like Like x 1