"Reply" button.

The "Reply" button, once upon a time, served a function of sorts; when there used to be three options of how the thread was displayed, the "Reply" button linked a post to the one to which it replied. Now all it does is allow n00bz the opportunity to demonstrate their inexperience. Stonker sums it up very well.

I'll join in, for your own good.

Notice how I have quoted [a piece of] your post?

This enables the rest of the community to make sense of what otherwise look like the meandering ramblings of a fool

A meandering rambling fool clicks on the 'Reply' button.

The rest of us move our cursor a half-inch to starboard, to click on 'Quote' before we start typing responses to conversations that ended months ago, in order to retain our reputations as functioning adults.

The choice is yours.

Can we just bin the button?

spaz

LE
It saves you scrolling to the bottom of the thread in order to make a statement rather than reply to a specific post.

What's your beef?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It saves you scrolling to the bottom of the thread in order to make a statement rather than reply to a specific post.

What's your beef?

Medium rare, rump, with horseradish sauce. Thanks.

No, it wouldn't be removing functionality, as this button ceased to have a proper function when the thread display options were removed. The button is now obsolete and the fact that some people misuse it as a shortcut does not mean that it should remain.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I had beef yesterday , a Italian stew , very nice .
I had stew and dumplings tonight, steak and kidney, very nice as well.
WTF are they on about?

NSP

LE
Posts include a #Post button, a Reply button and a Quote button. A brief clicking of each reveals exactly what each does. What exactly is the bloody problem...?

spaz

LE
No, it wouldn't be removing functionality, as this button ceased to have a proper function when the thread display options were removed. The button is now obsolete and the fact that some people misuse it as a shortcut does not mean that it should remain.

I disagree.

Latest Threads