Replacing the female clips on bergen...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by James51234, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently, i noticed that on my bergen (the inf one), one of the main clips holding the lid of the bergen down had broken. The problem is that it is the female part of the clip, hence it is sewn directly onto the bergen, not threaded through a strap which would mean the clip could be replaced easily...

So, anyone any ideas what i can do. I was thinking about unstitching the strap holding the fixed female part on, but my stitching ain't too good, and ui doubt i could stitch the strap back up again to how it was before..

Thanks for any help,

2. Id exchange it in the store mate and get a nice shiny new one.....
  3. take it to store and exchange it for a new one- let q&m man worry about fixing it!
  4. one of mine has been held together with " black nasty " for years :thumleft:
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Replace it through the Q :thumright:
  6. Use the female clip that comes with CBA, it’s the bit that dangles at the back. You can undo the two 'pull the dots' and attach it to the loop just above where your previous female clip used to be.

If you don't have one of these lying around there will be someone in your Coy/Sqn that does.
  7. If its yours, or for some reason you can't get it exchanged. Take it to your local cobbler, and get a new clip sewn on.
  8. Again, if it's yours, a decent outdoor shop, Tiso etc, should have a repair service, they'll be able to repair it.
  9. If it can't be fixed with cable ties and black nasty, it's not worth having.

Cobblers/outdoor repair shop would do. But cable ties with sort it in the short term.
  10. to hijack this thread for abit...

Similar situation for me but its not the issue bergan its my NI patrol pack.

The male clips have gone for the lid so all i simply need are replacements but ive asked my storeman if he has any clips but they arent the right size.
    (he is a good bloke and has tried his best) but it seems that the three sizes of issue male/female clips dont fit the patrol packs main clips.

I have also bought some clips I thought were the right size in military surplus shops but again they are the same as the issued ones in store.

I have tied on two larger issued male/female clips but due to the size of the strap the male clip does not bite and so is completely f*cking useless!

does anyone know where I can get some from??

11. I had a number of broken clips on an several all-arms bergans we had blagged for our cadets so I unstitched the web strap, put a replacement female clip and liberally applied super glue to it - But heres the clever bit, I then put a clamp on it and left it in the stores over the weekend. So far none have broke, but another load we got with broken clips I did with a rivet gun from Homebase (£9.99), but they don't look so nice!
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just a thought but if you know any RAF types (Or even AAC),I'd go to the RAF Survival Equipment Section.They should be able to help.I got my plastic lips on my Bergen replaced with Koch fitting used to attatch Tornado aircrew to the parachute staps on the ejection seat when one of the clips broke.