Replacement rubber seals for issue Right Angle Torch

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by instinct, Apr 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title suggests im after the rubber seals or something that can also do the job of waterproofing the screws. Im giving a bunch of them a going over, soldering the connections, led bulbs and so on so can be creative with ideas.

Please dont give grief on "why would you use a piece of shit like that buy a maglight" im just doing it as a project as im a bit bored and curious.

Thanks in advance

Instinct

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Take them back to the q and get new ones

3. Try Halfords, B&Q, Wickes or your local Hardware store.

4. Google "o" rings

5. I can't cos hes fed up of my kit whoreness and only has yellow ones.

thanks guys

6. Do you know how much the Terralux LED bulb replacements are?

TTS-3WCR30 180 Lumen Cree LED Torch Bulb Replacement Upgrade

Thats £12 a pop and your plastic body issue torch doesnt even have a reliable heat sink.

Or rings are very easy to get hold of, if you want more waterproofing on the thread than that you need silicon grease like you use for plastic waste or soil pipe on push fit fittings.

7. Going to make up the bulb from individual LED's and add a heat sink.

8. I would stick with the drop in as at least you keep the parbabolic reflector and get at least some directional light from it, wiring up the LED chip yourself can be tricky as they dont always like being driven directly off the battery.

9. We may try using three grouped in the centre and have the heat sink surrounding the base of the reflector, not 100% sure to be honest we need to talk and plan it out tommorow. Id rather not spend £12 but will look into these things. My mates a whizz at this stuff, he's been having great fun making battery powered Ipod speakers in tobbaco tins recently.