Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement RAF AWACS

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
How many E-3’s does the RAF actually operate.....

That will be the much widely reported 3.
Not the point. It's reaching the end of service.

People too often look at the total numbers of aircraft bought versus the number in service. They fail to understand that not all will be on the flight line. Some will be in maintenance, some will be in upgrade, and the total number of airframes procured will be in line with the capability (i.e. force levels) required over service life.

We've been too good over the years at buying too few airframes and absolutely knackering them. Fine if OSDs are stuck to, not so good if things run on as they inevitably do.

Not the point. It's reaching the end of service.

People too often look at the total numbers of aircraft bought versus the number in service. They fail to understand that not all will be on the flight line. Some will be in maintenance, some will be in upgrade, and the total number of airframes procured will be in line with the capability (i.e. force levels) required over service life.

We've been too good over the years at buying too few airframes and absolutely knackering them. Fine if OSDs are stuck to, not so good if things run on as they inevitably do.

actually, it is the point, we need to have one deployable platform in case we decide to fight another war we can’t win, they are not needed to head off the Red Banner Air Regiments Backfire’s inbound over the North Sea.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
actually, it is the point, we need to have one deployable platform in case we decide to fight another war we can’t win, they are not needed to head off the Red Banner Air Regiments Backfire’s inbound over the North Sea.
I think you’ll find it’s more about crewing levels.

And you’re wrong.

Latest Threads