Replacement RAF AWACS

Am I a simpleton to be concerned about the ever decreasing number of airframes? Perhaps the new aircraft has greater endurance, but I thought the E-3's was pretty good.

Can the E-7 fuse data from platforms such as F-35 as well as its own radar?

Am I a simpleton to be concerned about the ever decreasing number of airframes? Perhaps the new aircraft has greater endurance, but I thought the E-3's was pretty good.

That’ll be a subject best left off a website methinks.

Regards,
MM

Has to. Probably will. Only logical.

I was not being aircraft specific so much as wondering out loud has the technology needed for data fusion developed sufficently.

I remember a carrier related discussion over a decade ago in which the expert opinion was not to fret too much over the future MASC airframe as the important things were data links and fusion.

Last edited:
If I was going to be naughty, I would call it the Cocktail - a good amalgamation of ingredients from lots of sources - both the the UK and the U.S.

Plus, calling it the Cocktail is a whole lot more heaps fun than calling it the Wedgetail! ;)
When I first heard the name I thought it was some kind of duck which I thought was a bit naff but a bit of google fu and found out it was the name of a BFO Aussie eagle, much better. Every day a school day and all that.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I really can't foresee an actual "hard" invasion of NZ anytime soon, but a "soft" invasion is already happening/ happened. It's much more easier and economically advantageous for a place to be "invaded" that way, right or wrong. I am no one to judge.
An oldie but a goody..

If I was going to be naughty, I would call it the Cocktail - a good amalgamation of ingredients from lots of sources - both the the UK and the U.S.

Plus, calling it the Cocktail is a whole lot more heaps fun than calling it the Wedgetail! ;)
Yeah, but anything called the Cocktail will immediately be claimed by the RN.

I'd leave it as Wedgetail personally, particularly as we're trying to get in bed with the Aussies.

Regards,
MM
We should call it the Kangaroo then - after the other twin-donked maritime recce bird we used to use.