Replacement P60

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Iron_Man, Apr 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Right applying for my student loans and need to prove my past 3 years earnings. One of my P60's is missing as I was deploying at the time they came out and it must have gotten lost in the system so I need to get a replacement. Anyone with personal experience know how to go about doing this, and how long it'll take? Are the P60s held centrally by the MOD or in the TA Coy office?

    Before the 'ask your clerk' our clerk is currently on leave and the stand-in is saying that
    a.) the MOD doesnt have them ask the tax office... then when asking the tax office (confirming that the employer should have a copy and the tax office does not provide replacements)
    b.) the P60s are held centrally and its not possible to obtain it
    c.) then, ask the usual clerk when she's back

    Extremely annoying as getting this simple bit of paper is the difference between £5000 a year and fcuk-all. And the sooner I get it the better. Cheers.

    P.S. Student Finance say it has to be an original not a print out off JPA/Armynet.
  2. msr

    msr LE

    Ask them to show you the regulations which require this. I suspect they are bluffing.

  3. RP578

    RP578 LE Book Reviewer

    Iron Man, call APC Glasgow. I just started a new job shortly after my discharge from my last tour. I remembered getting a P45 from a previous tour and figured I would need one for my new employer.

    Tried asking the worthless clerk who said that we don't get P45s on demob. I explained that my previous experience indicated that he was talking bollox, to no avail. So just called APC directly and all they asked for was my Regimental number, discharge date and an address where they could forward it to.

    Might be equally painless to get a P60 straight from them too. Good luck mate.
  4. Log onto ArmyNet, pay statements AND P60's all on there.

  5. RP578

    RP578 LE Book Reviewer

    Mate, read the original poster's post-script.
  6. Sorry missed that one
  7. I'd take the information received from the Students Loan Company with a pinch of salt.

    After informing them in June 09 that my loan was due to be repayed in full by around Dec 09, as directed in the regulations, they continue to claim money from me each month.

    They have accepted copies of Armynet P60s and also informed me that if I was unable to send a P60 then the final pay statement of the year would suffice. This contradicts the infomation which you are quoting. My advice is to ring them back and then speak to another clueless oaf until you get the answer you want to hear. Stick to simple basics such as trying to get the new clueless oafs extension/desk number then you get to speak to the same person each time.

    Failing that, good luck as you are dealing with an inept organisation!
  8. Right - civvie work hat on.

    I work for the Student Finance system in Scotland (SAAS) (not the Student Loans Company...but we have to work closely with them). Student Finance England and SAAS are NOT the same as the Student Loans Company. Student Finance England and SAAS administer the application for a loan, the SLC are actually the ones that pay it out and take it back.

    If you have lost your P60, we accept a "Statement of Earnings" from HMRC. All you do is you phone up HMRC and say that you would like a statement of earnings for xxxx-xxxx tax year, and they will print one off and send it to you. May take a couple of days, but that is essentially a replacement P60 which shows the earnings you had that year plus tax etc you paid.

    Employers usually do not give you a replacement P60 as the original one is the only one they can do (unless you print off JPA - but as you say it may not be treated as an original).

    If you are having any issues with your repayment Ribbleraver, speak to the SLC direct. They have a repayment department that sorts out your repayments as it could be your employer does not know that you have finished paying your loan. Their number is 0845 0738 891. Beyond that, I don't know as I said I'm not an SLC employee.
  9. Many thanks for the responses!
  10. msr

    msr LE

    Just looking for mine on armynet and the last one is 2008 :(
  11. Same for me, havent any payslips uploaded since December.
  12. You're lucky, my latest JPA P60 is 2006, and I've been in the TA since 2003! Shocking.....
  13. Reported as Spam.