Replacement medals

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Lizard_Lips, Aug 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. A friend of my wife has asked if she can get her dads medals replaced. Does anyone know where I can steer her to get this sorted cheers
  2. I recently made enquiries into getting copies of my late brother's medals made for the Regimental museum. Spinks of London are able to provide this service. Spink Medal Services and Special Commissions provides the details. Best of luck!
  3. Hi when you say replaced, have they been stolen (crime number) or lost to fire?

    If not you may have to get a replica set, I would chat to MittMayo : View Profile: MittMayo - British Army Forum if you need a replica set.
  4. My medals were stolen, I contacted the Medal office, jumped through all the hoops they required, paid the 162pounds and 50 pence they asked for , what did I get in return a 1962 gsm copy with 4 cheap replica bars on the ribbon, looks like it came straight from ebay, any aarse member ever seen a gsm with 4 bars, malaya ,borneo, northern ireland and south arabia, even though it is mounted, it still looks like something out of a christmas cracker
  5. Tropper has 8 bars, I think he even invented them.