• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Replacement Hard Drive and Installing Windows 7

I have recently had a bit of a problem when my laptop took a bit of a bash and my hard drive pretty much self destructed. I have bought a replacement hard drive and am trying to re-install Windows 7. The disk starts and I get the Acer screen, then 'windows is loading files' - white text, black background, the progress bar moves all the way across, then 'Starting Windows' with the windows squares, then nothing except the mouse cursor that I can move on the screen, and the DVD then stops spinning.

Any ideas? I have googled like a lunatic and the only thing I can find is it could be a driver issue. I am not sure about this as the laptop had W7 installed before and the only difference is a new HDD.

Cheers.

I had a similar problem on my new desktop system.
Fault was with the disk. Installation with a different disk but same key worked.
Fault confirmed by vendor and disk replaced should I need to reinstall at a future time.

Latest Threads