Replacement birth certificate.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Ord_Sgt, Apr 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I've done a search but can't find anything on this. I was born in Germany, old man was in the Army, and need a replacement birth certificate. I understand there is a central agency I can order a new one from but can't seem to find it in google. Can anyone help me?
  2. Contact your local General Registry Office (GRO). If they can't help you directly, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I can't do that as I live in Holland. I spoke to a guy down the pub, as you do, who said he'd ordered one over the phone from a central registry 7 years ago but couldn't remember the name of it. I was hoping for a pointer to who/what it is.
  4. British Embassy?
  5. I feel your pain Ord Sgt! I went through this last year and that was from the U.K.!!! can you make a trip to the place you were born and hire an interepreter or take a local lingo phrase book with you for the day? these things are very local as I found out and we had to actually contact the Registry Office in the area I was born in, which makes sense as there are a lot of records out there!

Good luck... You should get what is called an 'Extract' copy of the original.

I guess is for a Marriage?!
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You dancer oldbaldy, thats the fella, thank you.
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Brilliantly simple, fill in the details online, pay 10 quid and Bobs your uncle. Thanks again guys. :)
  10. Edited by Reebrov for being completely incorrect with his advice....I'll get my coat.
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well it arrived in the post today. I can't believe it turned out to be so simple. Credit where credits due in this case, a government department that actually works :)
  12. That'll be down to the fact it's a German Gov't Dept.

I seem to be recall them being ruthlessly efficient and taking a personal pride in everything they did.

Pity we can't import a few to sort out the gobshites that seem to insist on making our lives difficult whenever we get sucked into the system here....
  13. Not to mention the phenomenal power of ARRSE.

14. Nah......Get some Aussies in, might not dish out the paperwork any quicker but slightly more prone to telling Non British sorts to "Bugger Orf"