Repeal the Hunting Act 2004

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I know we have had a couple of petitions about Road taxing on before but I haven't seen anything to date for a repeal of the Hunting Act 2004.

It is an act which I think is a complete waste of time and an unnecessary assault on those of us who live in the realities of the countryside rather than reading about the "horrors" we get up to, written by a red top journo with no clue.

To that end, click on the below and go for it. It only takes a minute. +20000 signatures so far.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

We had 487,000 on the streets in London physically there (the highest attendance at a political rally since WWII at that point) and the b@stards still didn't take any notice!

What makes you think that they will this time?

Good try though.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Accepted but this has, I think, until Nov to collect signatures. Worth a go if for no other reason to justify its repeal in the next parliament.
  4. So just explain why hunting should be allowed?
  5. It winds up soap dodgers - that seems like a good reason....
  6. Because some silly old men and women like to dress up and look gay whilst riding horses and watching their dogs rip drugged up foxes to pieces. Oh such sportsmanship I must say..............
  7. The simplest answer. Because it's bad law that's almost impossible for the Police to enforce without far more money being made available. Never pass laws that people wouldn't obey and the Police can't enforce.
  8. Isn't the whole point that nobody is above the law and should obey it whether they agree or not. This is supposed to be a civillised society we live in.
  9. Mainly because it gets up the bedwetting tree hugger leftie tw@ts noses.
  10. Well - I'm against hunting, its not efficient pest control....

and on the basis that they are still going on, I would be inclined to think this law should be repelled, why not have hunts, but a licensing system with fee's - keeps the total number down to a politically acceptable number, but doesnt ban them.

11. Let's be honest. The Police police us with our consent, coupled with our fear of the consequences if we break the law. Should we decide not to do as we're told, what are the Police going to do? Arrest everybody? Why do you think some town centres are more like war zones on a Friday night? Because an increasing number in the population have decided that they wouldn't obey the laws already in place.

Passing Bad law that is difficult to enforce and difficult to prosecute just weakens the Police in the eyes of those being policed. Mobile phones in cars are an example, or speeding, or racism.
  12. Which is why you are being invited to sign a petition to legally challange a law that many consider impossible to police. It's difficult to police because UK policing relies on consent (or used to?), and also, clever as the police are, they haven't figured a way out yet to have a chat with the hounds to get their side of the story govnor.
  13. Rofl, Rofl!!
  14. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Talking to my hunting cousins, attendance at the local pack has rocketed since the 'ban' and they're now getting more people in the field than they know what to do with: they're also killing more foxes, 'by accident' of course. In principle, the ban should be repealed because it's a silly and largely unenforceable law: in practice, it isn't making any difference.
  15. since when? No I'm afraid you cannot arrest me Mr Occifer, I do not consent to it.

That has to be one of the funniest statements I have read on arrse.

That my dear is called anarchy!