Repatriation ceremonies to be relocated

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. And? What will it establish?
  3. A new place for the Grief Whores to hang out!
  4. I imagine WB will be fairly relieved to get their town back!
  5. New route to the morgue
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

First thing this morning: WB t obecome Royal WB

First thing this afternoon: Repatriation no longer to pass through Royal WB

There cannot be some connection, surely? :)
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Tempting as I'm sure it will be for the D Mirror to give this 'Another victim of The Cuts ' the RAF community will know, closure of Lyneham has been on the cards since at least 2002.

I was there recently - it occurred to me that there were people on the site for whom ' closure eventually' had been on the cards for the duration of their careers to date....and even now some people refuse to believe it will ever this space.
  8. No Shirley, your an old cynic.

"Thanks for your support chaps, in return we'll take a bit from your local economy but at least you'll be ROYALLY skint now"
  9. I still want to forearm smash that gobby WW2 vet from ******* pompey who said something along the lines of 'I don't care if they don't want to be 'Royal', they are bloody getting it!!'

10. As Goats remarks, RAF Lyneham is scheduled to close having been initially earmarked in 2003. Private Eye No1281 (4 Feb > 17 Feb 2011) by 'Squarebasher' expands on the perceived realities of that decision even more so.
  11. Even more delays to the Afghan airbridge ? MOD's forecast spending on the transfer 'out' by at least £100 million? They are currently £54million over! Yes like you I'm shocked as well that MOD could get it so wrong (fnaar fnaar).

Maybe there's a more 'on message' Coroner in the wings?
  12. Royal Brize Norton in a few years ?
  13. I think people are getting mixed up in the knicker damping that goes on with the repatriations and the need for the RAF to have more than a single airfield in the UK.

Our tiny air force should loose the title Royal and be based in Brize Norton with perhaps a couple of other bases for fast jets.
  14. not really, the move to brize is a step backwards. worse restrictions with night flying, engine runs, not enough aircraft wash bays, no arrestor's in base hanger so we are forced to use the rubbish winggrip and one runway for 70 aircraft which regularly fogs over and with one accident (such as a belly landing) is shut. (all of these things have been pointed out/happened during testing)

then no money saved as the phenomenal cost of creating enough quarters for a base that cant even accommodate its own, let alone another 1500 from another camp.

it will be a balls up.