Repairing Scuffed Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 307, Dec 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Right fellas, I have my CMS(R) coming up on 8 Jan. and due to the shortage of boots, have only been issued one pair! I have an old pair at home but they're quite badly scuffed with cuts in the leather. Can someone clairfy the way of repairing this, I know it involves polish and a hot spoon but ain't a 100% on it.

2. Well - now I am desperately sad that use of polish and spoon is unknown to anyone past first night as recruit. Old rule was one pair as best and one pair for working/assault coursing etc.

3. If I remember correctly, you use a spoon and lighter to melt the polish and then pour it on. I've always shoved my fingers in the polish, spread it around and melted it in with a lighter/ blowtorch.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You took the words right out of my mouth ORC.
    Supple, waterproof and breathable boots aren't the same as the bulled jobbies you'll see on the square.

The solution 307, is to buy a pair of best boots.

5. As previously suggested by Cuts buy a pair of brand new boots, break them in then bull the up "Sorry make highley polished" but to solve the cuts problem get some bees way melt it about 50/50 with Kiwi parade gloss boot polish, put on a layer of finger bull, then using a candle and a very hot spoon work the mixture in to the cuts. The beeswax helps the parade gloss go rock hard and fills the gap like polyfiller. giving you a smooth surface to bring to a gleaming shine. If you find this totally impossible as it takes a long time and a bit of practice, Pay a guardsman to do it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D Job DONE!!

6. Just to clarify, are you trying to repair these boots to bull up? If so, follow the advice about the bees wax and kiwi parade gloss. Then layer them up and bull as normal, should work a treat.

If your just after a pair of boots to use as working boots, as long as they are clean and polished and servicible, there should be no problem wearing them. If they cant issue the correct amount, its not your fault.

What boot size are you? might be able to help you out with a pair. I've collected shed loads over the years!!

Boney