repairing a camelback

my camelback sprung a leak where the drinking tube meets the bladder
seems the silicone like glue given out
anyone know how much a little pot of the stuff cost and where the hell do you get the stuff?

Not being on who is world renowned for his DIY Skills... I repaired mine recently but ensuring all surfaces were clean and DRY - then the liberal use of Super Glue

Not particular professional - but feck me it does the job!!!

Seam grip is great, found in thermarest repair kits. Is air tight, and has many many uses such as when you put a crampon through your favourite canoe bag etc...

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
Frankly if you are a student I would consult your chemistry department.

However, with regard to adhesives I would advise against using them in a drinking water situation.

Aftermarket replacement bladders are only a fiver and poisoning is very unpleasant.

C

cloudbuster

Camel camelling, camel stops.
Jump off, hump off, look inside.
On looking inside you see no water.
Top up, hump up, jump up, carry on camelling.

Or have I missed the point?

camel camelling camel stops camelling a 2nd time

jasonl64 said:
Not being on who is world renowned for his DIY Skills... I repaired mine recently but ensuring all surfaces were clean and DRY - then the liberal use of Super Glue

Hang on thats CYNO-Acrylate, ie its got Cyanide in it... I hope you got one of your mates to try it first.

Hi
Same thing happened to mine, no glue seemed to fix it, in the end resorted to using a soldering iron, gently closing the 1mm tear.
Has now been OK for 6 months, did consider a new bladder, but I never saw them for a fiver.
Gummikuh

camel camelling camel stops camelling a 2nd time...

Take it to the vets?

emailed camelbac uk they offered to replace it free of charge :) but fixed with super glue

You can glue things together with pretty much any kind of glue.(except of course a water soluble glue!) What you need to do is to hold it firmly together until the glue is completely set dry. A 'g' clamp or clamps is a good idea. Leave it in place for at least 24 hours at room temperature.