repairing a camelback

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by brighton hippy, Jun 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my camelback sprung a leak where the drinking tube meets the bladder
    seems the silicone like glue given out
    anyone know how much a little pot of the stuff cost and where the hell do you get the stuff?

2. Is it a genuine camelbak or just a hydration pack, if its genuine try www.camelbak.com they state that their packs are durable and LEAKPROOF, might be worth a shot at getting a freebie from them 8)

3. Not being on who is world renowned for his DIY Skills... I repaired mine recently but ensuring all surfaces were clean and DRY - then the liberal use of Super Glue

Not particular professional - but feck me it does the job!!!

4. Seam grip is great, found in thermarest repair kits. Is air tight, and has many many uses such as when you put a crampon through your favourite canoe bag etc...

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Frankly if you are a student I would consult your chemistry department.

However, with regard to adhesives I would advise against using them in a drinking water situation.

Aftermarket replacement bladders are only a fiver and poisoning is very unpleasant.

6. Camel camelling, camel stops.
    Jump off, hump off, look inside.
    On looking inside you see no water.
    Top up, hump up, jump up, carry on camelling.

Or have I missed the point?

7. camel camelling camel stops camelling a 2nd time

8. Go on then?

Anybody????

10. Hi
    Same thing happened to mine, no glue seemed to fix it, in the end resorted to using a soldering iron, gently closing the 1mm tear.
    Has now been OK for 6 months, did consider a new bladder, but I never saw them for a fiver.
    Gummikuh

11. camel camelling camel stops camelling a 2nd time...

Take it to the vets?

12. emailed camelbac uk they offered to replace it free of charge :) but fixed with super glue

13. You can glue things together with pretty much any kind of glue.(except of course a water soluble glue!) What you need to do is to hold it firmly together until the glue is completely set dry. A 'g' clamp or clamps is a good idea. Leave it in place for at least 24 hours at room temperature.