RENLEAVE - No more!

why after 11 years service have i only just been told i am not entitled to renleave! the rules have changed, but why am i only finding out now? i was looking forward to it. people need to spread the word as i still see people telling toms, "well son, when you get renleave like me.....blah blah"

am i thick or is this already common knowledge?

Also what is my retention incentive now? i know renleave wasn't much but it is the principle of the matter!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think the retention incentive is that there are very few decent jobs out there. Stay or quit - it makes not difference to the Army these days.

why after 11 years service have i only just been told i am not entitled to renleave! the rules have changed, but why am i only finding out now? i was looking forward to it. people need to spread the word as i still see people telling toms, "well son, when you get renleave like me.....blah blah"
If it makes you feel any better, I qualify for mine next month.

I've had both lots of REN. The other month I was absolutely threaders so I contacted clerk, told him that JPA wasn't recognising my allocation of REN and could he put it back on there, with an expiry date the same as my ROD. He did, so I proffed 4 weeks worth of free leave. Cheers easy.

I thought there was two lots of Renleave??? is it just the 12 year point then?

11 & 17 - to be taken by 14 & 20 year point. I got both mine thank you very much. No frigging commitment bonuses though - joined in '89, and got shafted financially!

MB

do not get me started!!!
After going on a long course and put in some REN leave was told by young Lt that could I help out and cancel my leave so that the unit could help prepare for an LSI (I had been away from unit for about 8 months). Me being a mug said of course, not a problem. So tipped up on the monday morning to find the rest of the squadron away on adventure training with me the only bloke to prepare the panzers for the inspection. With one side of A4 telling me what needed doing. Argh!!!!!!

do not get me started!!!
After going on a long course and put in some REN leave was told by young Lt that could I help out and cancel my leave so that the unit could help prepare for an LSI (I had been away from unit for about 8 months). Me being a mug said of course, not a problem. So tipped up on the monday morning to find the rest of the squadron away on adventure training with me the only bloke to prepare the panzers for the inspection. With one side of A4 telling me what needed doing. Argh!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I remember in the early Nineties requesting and then obtaining from IMRO(N) a computer print-out of all those at RD and ERE who were entiled to 28 days RENELEAVE with a view to calling the attention of those entitled who would wish to avail themselves of their entitlement. I made the mistake of bringing it forward on file to the Adjutant who took one look at it and then ran it staight through the shredder! Hardly surprising with over 160 names on it!

Ive had both sets of mine and very handy they were too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
REgards Army Pay, Claims & JPA 2
remeboy Army Pay, Claims & JPA 7
Tomo113954 Army Pay, Claims & JPA 9