Renewing Tax

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Tango, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I've looked through the stickies here, but can't find the answer I'm after.

    I'm on a course in the UK at the moment, on (hopeful) successful completion will be posted to a UK unit.

    I've got a BFG registered car, which I bought in April last year, and the tax is now due for renewal. BFG will not allow me to de-register it, as I am not officially posted yet, and won't be until completion of the course.

    What should be the next step for me? I'd rather not have to go back to Germany just to re-register, then de-register my car.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. As long as you can get your paperwork filled in and start the process they are usually helpful.

    I had a similar problem and spoke to the BFG HQ rather than my BFG Office on camp (generally not too well informed, as they were just clerks). They will usually assist in any way they can and can advise on the best course of action.
  3. How long have you left on the course? And is it a dead cert you wont return to BFG?

    I will assume you are still on strength for your previous unit, so surely you will have to return to clear from the unit if nothing else?

    Phone the BFG VLO and speak to them, and the Customs and Immigration, as they have a part to play in the importing of your car to UK.

    Don't be surprised if you have to return to BFG though.
  4. Assuming nothing goes really wrong, I should be staying in the UK. I've done a complete clear from Germany, with the RAOWOs blessing to not come back.
  5. Phone BFG VLO and C&I then. They might be able to sort something out.