Renewing HGV - Do I need to include old licences?

Well, I hit 45 in a few weeks time and have just had my medical to renew my HGV cats.
I've just finished the paperwork, but it's a bit vague about whether I need to include my old licences (photo card and paper) in the documentation to send back to DVLA.
I haven't driven a truck since the day I left the army and proably never will again, but it's always something to fall back on and my licence would look very empty without them :)
If someone could let me know soonest it would be much appreciated.
And yes, I have photcopied them!

*BUMP*
Anyone? I really want to get these posted today. Please don't make me ring their helpline!

Well, I hit 45 in a few weeks time and have just had my medical to renew my HGV cats.
I've just finished the paperwork, but it's a bit vague about whether I need to include my old licences (photo card and paper) in the documentation to send back to DVLA.
I haven't driven a truck since the day I left the army and proably never will again, but it's always something to fall back on and my licence would look very empty without them :)
If someone could let me know soonest it would be much appreciated.
And yes, I have photcopied them!
No, according to this if you have a 'new' style card licence. From memory, I didn't on the last renewal, but it was a while ago. I assume the form doesn't say return and include the current licence?

The form (and instructions) are one of those masterworks of bureaucracy that hints yet does not state you should or should not.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
I did mine online
If you have a current passport you put your passport number in and it lifts the photo from there.
I did mine as part of a change address and I was 45 so thought best do it so they can send me the medical reminder.
They sent me back the licence with a 5 year extension on it so no medical until I'm 50
However IIRC you are supposed to cut the photo card in two and send it in.
I also have a sneaky feeling somtime this yeat DVLA are binning the paper bit so you will only get the photocard.
The catch is the photo card runs out (even now) after 10 years and it's a £1000 pound fine if your caught with an out of date one.

Don't forget before you can drive HGV's you'll need a digi tacho an a drivers CPC course

Well, I'm sending the main form and medical form sans old licences (I just renewed those last year - no extension though) as it doesn't seem to say you need to include those although I will contact DVLA in the morning.
If you don't have a passport or photo card ID you have to jump thorugh a stupid amount of hoops to renew!