ren/wren/ leave.....dont even know how to spell it

kitkat0902

Swinger
If it looks like you are about to run out of time to take your RENLEAVE then the way around it, is to change your annual leave on JPA to RENLEAVE (see your HR staff), atleast you know that you can carry 15 days annual forward. This is just another way of dragging your RENLEAVE out past the 3 yr point.

jt9563

War Hero
Just to clarify this a little. What Kit Kat is saying (I HOPE)is that your RENLEAVE has to be taken in a 3 year period and once it is up, you lose it. But you can indefinatly carry forward 15 days of ILA(individual Leave Allowance). As an example, instead of using your ILA for summer leave , use your RENLEAVE. That way you are near certain your Renleave wont be refused as it's regtl stand-down, and the 15 days ILA that you have saved by using your Renleave, will be automatically carried over to next years ILA entitlement.
Your HR staff can not magically transform RenLeave into ILA as the above post insinuates.

loubella

Old-Salt
Thomothehun said:
Ren-leave can now be taken as blocks of one/two days and no longer has to be in a five day block, also you have three years to take it. .
Where can I find this written down? My unit is insisting that Ren leave still has to be taken in 5 day blocks and everything I can find about leave online seems to be out of date?

loubella said:
Thomothehun said:
Ren-leave can now be taken as blocks of one/two days and no longer has to be in a five day block, also you have three years to take it. .
Where can I find this written down? My unit is insisting that Ren leave still has to be taken in 5 day blocks and everything I can find about leave online seems to be out of date?
My HR staff told me. I'll ask tomorrow and post it on here.

jt9563

War Hero
loubella said:
Thomothehun said:
You're HR staff are idiots, tell them to get off their arse and read the JSP 760. Damn lazy bastards like that that give us a bad name.

7B.007 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken as soon as possible after qualifying, and within the first 3 years of doing so. If necessary it may be taken as individual days. Exceptional reasons for deferment should be referred to the MCM Div at the APC.

Thomothehun

Old-Salt
All please see below the latest Army extract from the up to date JSP 760 which any (decent) clerk should be able to find in JPA/Proffesionals/JSPS and hey presto the latest version. I make no aplogies for mong clerks at your respective Unit, square them away in the bar , and not by getting them a drink! Arghh I hate lazy clerks no wonder we are hated lol See below for your perusal enjoy:

ARMY

ENTITLEMENT

7B.001 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may be granted to eligible soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on Notice or Open Engagements who have committed themselves to 12 years’ continuous service having completed 11 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

7B.002 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may also be granted to eligible soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on the Notice or Open Engagements who have committed themselves to 18 years’ continuous service having completed 17 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

7B.003 Not more than one period of Re-engagement Leave is admissible to soldiers eligible under the terms of para 7B.001 above and not more than one period to soldiers eligible under the terms of para 7B.002 above.

7B.004 Eligibility for reserved rights to Re-engagement Leave ceases when soldiers change their engagement, unless from a Notice or Open engagement to a VEng, in which case the eligibility is retained.

7B.005 A soldier who has spent a period in the Regular Reserve during the currency of his engagement will not be eligible for Re-engagement Leave. A soldier, however, who rejoins from the Reserve and subsequently completes the required period of continuous service, required by paras 7B.001 and 7B.002 above, will be eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

MANAGEMENT OF RE-ENGAGEMENT LEAVE

7B.006 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken at the earliest convenient opportunity after qualifying for it, either separately or in addition to any other form of leave (except Terminal Leave) for which the individual is eligible.

a. Soldiers granted Re-engagement Leave in addition to other leave are to remain on the strength of their unit during the whole period of absence on leave. They will not be replaced.

b. No additional free travel is admissible.

c. It may not be taken after a soldier has signified his intention to leave the Service.

d. Re-engagement Leave may be added to Terminal Leave but only in exceptional circumstances. When such a requirement arises, a formal case explaining the reason for delay beyond 3 years or addition to Terminal Leave should be submitted to higher authority, normally the brigade or garrison commander, for authorisation.

e. Re-engagement Leave will be granted only on the authority of the CO.

COs are encouraged to grant this leave to those eligible to receive it.

7B.007 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken as soon as possible after qualifying, and within the first 3 years of doing so. If necessary it may be taken as individual days. Exceptional reasons for deferment should be referred to the MCM Div at the APC.

7B.008 Soldiers who qualify for such leave during overseas service (including international posts but excluding other posts in NWE) may have the period during which it may be taken extended, if applicable, to up to 2 years from the date of reversion to home establishment or return to national duty. Exceptional reasons for further deferment should be referred as laid down in para 7.B007 above.

7B.009 The grant of Re-engagement Leave is not a benefit in consideration of which a soldier serving on a Notice or Open engagement may waive his right to leave the Service.

RE-ENGAGEMENT LEAVE IS NOT A PRESCRIBED BENEFIT

7B.010 The grant of Re-engagement Leave is not a benefit in consideration of which a soldier serving on either a Notice or Open engagement may waive his right to leave the Service.