ren/wren/ leave.....dont even know how to spell it

Filbert Fox said:
For both sets of mine I was called into see the RSM who gave me the bit of paper with my entitlement on it.
It comes on your leave balances now on JPA.

It still isn´t automatic though, surely in this highly technical age of JPA, the leave should automatically appear, and then dissappear at the end of the window. An electronic letter sent a few months before, and every 6 months after, showing balance and when it will be withdrawn.

jt9563

War Hero
heard_it_all_before said:
Makes me wonder what kind of Units you've been in.
32 Engr / 1st Battallion the Royal Scots (The Royal Regiment) / 29 Cdo Regt / 33 EOD / JARIC.

I'm sure you'll agree these are all far form being nicey nicey super fluffy regiments.

Being made to feel guilty about taking RL and being told you can't have RL are two completely different things. As has been said by a couple of people in here; know your rights and stand up for them. If you let people walk all over, it's inevitable that they will.

I have recovered RL for many people over the years and anyone having trouble getting theirs back(or feels that their Clerks aren't helping them enough), feel free to PM me and I will do my best to sort it out for you.

jt9563

War Hero
chocolate_frog said:
Filbert Fox said:
For both sets of mine I was called into see the RSM who gave me the bit of paper with my entitlement on it.
It comes on your leave balances now on JPA.

It still isn´t automatic though, surely in this highly technical age of JPA, the leave should automatically appear, and then dissappear at the end of the window. An electronic letter sent a few months before, and every 6 months after, showing balance and when it will be withdrawn.
/signed

heard_it_all_before said:
jt9563 said:
heidtheba said:
I think your post is a bit arrogant myself.
How was it arrogant? There are a multitude of posters in this thread blaming Clerks and OC's for them not taking their RL, some even hinting at conspiracy!

In 13 years I have NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) seen anyone get their RL turned down by CoC. I have however, seen literally hundreds lose out on getting it becuase it took them 2 years to ask why they didn't have a renleave letter, then proceed to blame the clerks.

You Heidtheba, are one of the VERY few who is willing to take personal responsibility for your RL and I only hope your way of thinking rubs off on as many people as possible.
Makes me wonder what kind of Units you've been in.
Why? Ren leave is damned difficult to refuse if you insist upon your entitlement.

Well, you're a bloody good egg, and deserve a jar of marmalade with your LS&GC.

All those Units are very good, but were you ever the 'First man on the balcony' :D :D

jt9563

War Hero
No LS&GC for me fella. I've held a couple of ranks......... a few times :twisted:

Does REN leave just appear on your JPA leave balance now or do you need to have a chat with your unit clerk?

jt9563

War Hero
plant_life said:
Does REN leave just appear on your JPA leave balance now or do you need to have a chat with your unit clerk?
No, you do and always have had to see your clerk to get it put on the system mate.

Thank you very much. Will start chasing it now so that when I get back from Herrick it will be squared away. I could really take the p155. I'll have 4 weeks POTL, 4 weeks REN leave, 2 weeks relocation leave and my normal leave entitlement next year! I will have to try and beat my record of 17 weeks off in one year!

Theoretically es but I think if you do 22 years off you will have a lot more than 2 years off.

macsta

Crow
Can someone confirm that you lose your entitlement of RL the second you sign off?

I signed off After becoming entitled, and Rumour (Excuse the pun) as it that there are people have done 11 years, and then signed off and still got RL in their final year.

Is this actually possible, and for or against where would it be written?

I thought that so long as you committed for an additional year you got it on your card and you could sign off the next day if you wished as you would have put in your years residual service.

jt9563

War Hero
7B.006 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken at the earliest convenient opportunity after qualifying for it, either separately or in addition to any other form of leave (except Terminal Leave) for which the individual is eligible.

a. Soldiers granted Re-engagement Leave in addition to other leave are to remain on the strength of their unit during the whole period of absence on leave. They will not be replaced.

b. No additional free travel is admissible.

c. It may not be taken after a soldier has signified his intention to leave the Service.

Key things to note;

signified his intention to leave the Service
This means that you saying you're going to sign off is enough to refuse it.

You can take it without having to complete the entire usage period of 3 years.

You do not have to pay it back once you sign off.

Theoretically you could hit your 11/17 year point, take 20 days ren-leave, come into work and sign off. though I wouldn't reccomend it

This could be a pretty sweet deal. Come back from ops, have your POTL (1 month), REN leave (1 month), normal leave (1 month) and termination leave (1 month)! Would you ever be popular doing that!

jt9563

War Hero
That would only work if it was your 22 year point and MCM had authorised your carry of REN-Leave to terminal Leave. You could also throw 6 weeks resettlement on to that too don't forget.

Perfectly feasable though is:(assuming an Apr - Oct Tour)

4 weeks POL
4 weeks REN-Leave
4 weeks Leave (leaving plenty for X-Mas / Easter)

3 Months off anyone?

Thomothehun

Old-Salt
Please do not blame the Admin office or Sh** clerks for the fact that you have been in that long and never heard of Ren Leave or bothered to enquire in 11 YEARS! Again we get the blame for piss poor personal admin. I have always seen posters etc posted around camp Ref Ren Leave and heard SNCO's discussing when theres was due so enquired into it myself. Ren-leave can now be taken as blocks of one/two days and no longer has to be in a five day block, also you have three years to take it. You and the Unit are no longer notified by APC by letter either as stated above by 11 years in you should know!!

Admin is not a dirty word.

I managed the follow in 2001:
2 weeks R & R
1 week of Easter
1 week on B1 as it was a maint week which only the Phase 2s had to do
7 weeks combination of POTL and outstanding leave
1 week before going to Canada
2 weeks in Canada
1 week when I got back from Canada
1 additional week between courses
3 weeks Christmas leave

Now that's some going!

jt9563

War Hero
Thomothehun said:
Please do not blame the Admin office or Sh** clerks for the fact that you have been in that long and never heard of Ren Leave or bothered to enquire in 11 YEARS! Again we get the blame for urine poor personal admin. I have always seen posters etc posted around camp Ref Ren Leave and heard SNCO's discussing when theres was due so enquired into it myself. Ren-leave can now be taken as blocks of one/two days and no longer has to be in a five day block, also you have three years to take it. You and the Unit are no longer notified by APC by letter either as stated above by 11 years in you should know!!

Admin is not a dirty word.
You should quote if you're going to jump on the bandwagon like that. You've made it look like you having at go at the 2 chaps who just posted a perfectly reasonable question.

Latest Threads