ren/wren/ leave.....dont even know how to spell it

ewan2000 said:
heidtheba said:
heard_it_all_before said:
There are several things that stop you taking your REN leave:

1. Ops, or build up training for Ops.

2. A Shite Admin Office that hasn't informed you that you are entitled to it. A letter is sent to your Unit from APC Glasgow to inform them of your entitlement, this letter can end up getting slipped into your P-File without you knowing, and is often 6 months late from Glasgow anyway. Your OC will have seen it in the Sub-Units First Sight file, if He's/She's a cnut then they will instruct the clerk to file it.

It can be taken in single days now, if you so wish.
2 years as an RAWO and I never received one letter from Glasgow. My guys were informed by my "Shite Admin Office" on a monthly basis after producing the relevant prints!!!!

So actually you don't really know what your talking about do you??
Everyone I know, including me, has at some stage received a letter in there P-File detailing there entitlement to REN leave. Detailing from when the individual became entitled, to when it was to be taken by.

Never mind, just do as all the other's are still doing and blame it on JPA.

Anyway, WTF is the RAOWO doing accessing ARRSE from DII at 13:33 on a Monday..? Or are you still drinking coffee in the Lodge..? :D

MCM no longer send out the letter, it's down to the unit to localy manage Ren Leave now, if you want to have the period extended then a case letter to glasgow stating reasons (Operational will be the main reason that they will accept) if they agree you will get extra time to take it.

It's been a long long time since I had REN leave, so I apologise for my info being a tad out of date.

When I did qualify, I can safely say that I psised off many people in the CoC by making sure that I took all of it. And Officer's despise it as they don't get it.

But I will reiterate the point that you've earnt it, so bloody well make sure that you take it. You should say Bollox to all those that seemingly rely upon you to make there jobs easier; and take your REN leave and spend some precious time with your family. As when the Army is but a distant and fond memory, your family will hopefully still be there for the rest of your life.

kitkat0902

Swinger
ewan2000 said:
heidtheba said:
There are several things that stop you taking your REN leave:

1. Ops, or build up training for Ops.

2. A Shite Admin Office that hasn't informed you that you are entitled to it. A letter is sent to your Unit from APC Glasgow to inform them of your entitlement, this letter can end up getting slipped into your P-File without you knowing, and is often 6 months late from Glasgow anyway. Your OC will have seen it in the Sub-Units First Sight file, if He's/She's a cnut then they will instruct the clerk to file it.

It can be taken in single days now, if you so wish.
2 years as an RAWO and I never received one letter from Glasgow. My guys were informed by my "Shite Admin Office" on a monthly basis after producing the relevant prints!!!!

So actually you don't really know what your talking about do you??
There is plenty of information out there telling you what you are entitled to so there is no reason why YOU can't go in to your so called sh*t clerk and ask them to put your days onto the system....or is this asking too much for you to admin yourself :?:

sorry, if you've been in for over 11 or 17 years and can't manage to negotiate the extra 20 days off over a 2 yr period, then that's a poor show, not least by the individual who should have the nouse to work this out with his CoC. Officers don't get it, which i've never understood?

Danny_Dravot said:
sorry, if you've been in for over 11 or 17 years and can't manage to negotiate the extra 20 days off over a 2 yr period, then that's a poor show, not least by the individual who should have the nouse to work this out with his CoC. Officers don't get it, which i've never understood?
I have been told that it doesn't now have to be taken in the 2 years anymore.

I believe that Orrifaces dont get it as the majority do their 18 year career not 22 as we do.

Anyone clarify?

heidtheba said:

I believe that Orrifaces dont get it as the majority do their 18 year career not 22 as we do.

Anyone clarify?
officers can lve at 16yrs, but may serve up to 35 yrs...so the question is that if ORs get it after 17yrs, then offrs should be the same

Danny_Dravot said:
heidtheba said:

Anyone clarify?
officers can lve at 16yrs, but may serve up to 35 yrs...so the question is that if ORs get it after 17yrs, then offrs should be the same
You dont need it, you get enough time off as it is :wink:

Just like the LS & GC debate.

heidtheba said:
Danny_Dravot said:
heidtheba said:

Anyone clarify?

Had my REN leave, but never got one of those fcukers. Maybe that was why, as I took my leave and the OC didn't like it. Hey Ho, life goes on... :D

heidtheba said:
Danny_Dravot said:
heidtheba said:

Anyone clarify?

Had my REN leave, but never got one of those fcukers. Maybe that was why, as I took my leave and the OC didn't like it. Hey Ho, life goes on... :D
I've had both mate, (well first lot of ren).

The way I see it is, is the world going to cave in if you take 2 weeks off?

If so, how the fcuk will they cope when you get out at 22?

Fcuking just take it!

heidtheba said:
heidtheba said:
Danny_Dravot said:
heidtheba said:

Anyone clarify?

I've had both mate, (well first lot of ren).

Fcuking just take it!
Exactly - if they can't manage for a couple of weeks then they shouldn't be in charge anyway. Bollox to em..

heidtheba said:

Fcuking just take it!
Damned right!

With all the commitments the army demand you carry out, time off is bloody precious. Time lost cannot be replaced. After losing some annual leave two years in a row I started putting in for all my leave for the year as soon as I could (April). Never lost leave again. My ren leave was only ever lightly opposed and my CofC gave it to me.

Perturbed said:
heidtheba said:

Fcuking just take it!
Damned right!

With all the commitments the army demand you carry out, time off is bloody precious. Time lost cannot be replaced. After losing some annual leave two years in a row I started putting in for all my leave for the year as soon as I could (April). Never lost leave again. My ren leave was only ever lightly opposed and my CofC gave it to me.
This is a good point, i have already programmed my team's lve in for next yr, as such, it goes into the FOE well in advance and less likely to be lost

jt9563

War Hero
LongJohnSilver said:
MCM no longer send out the letter, it's down to the unit to localy manage Ren Leave now, if you want to have the period extended then a case letter to glasgow stating reasons (Operational will be the main reason that they will accept) if they agree you will get extra time to take it.
Actually John, MCM sending out letters was never a directive in the first place, hence the sporadic reciept of said document. It was merely an initiative carried out by certain pro-active team leaders at APC. It always has been and always will be, the individuals resposibility to ask for his ren-leave.

As for those of you out there that don't know when you have reached your 11 year or your 17 year point and proceed to blame the clerks for you not taking it, your arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

Danny_Dravot said:
Perturbed said:
This is a good point, i have already programmed my team's lve in for next yr, as such, it goes into the FOE well in advance and less likely to be lost
Aye! Your grandparents and parents will die. Your kids will grow up. Time spent with them is precious. You can not get it back. Take your leave and use it well. Fuck the people that want you to lose leave to make up their manpower mismanagement.

jt9563 said:
LongJohnSilver said:
Actually John, MCM sending out letters was never a directive in the first place, hence the sporadic reciept of said document. It was merely an initiative carried out by certain pro-active team leaders at APC. It always has been and always will be, the individuals resposibility to ask for his ren-leave.

As for those of you out there that don't know when you have reached your 11 year or your 17 year point and proceed to blame the clerks for you not taking it, your arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

Attachments

jt9563 said:
LongJohnSilver said:

I think the point being made (mostly) is the fact that a lot of CoC's dont like you taking it.

I made sure I got mine at my 11 and will get my 2nd lot at 17.

I would never blame someone else for me not getting something, in this day and age I always look after No 1, and if I can advise other people the same I will.

I think your post is a bit arrogant myself.

jt9563

War Hero
heidtheba said:
How was it arrogant? There are a multitude of posters in this thread blaming Clerks and OC's for them not taking their RL, some even hinting at conspiracy!

In 13 years I have NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) seen anyone get their RL turned down by CoC. I have however, seen literally hundreds lose out on getting it becuase it took them 2 years to ask why they didn't have a renleave letter, then proceed to blame the clerks.

You Heidtheba, are one of the VERY few who is willing to take personal responsibility for your RL and I only hope your way of thinking rubs off on as many people as possible.

jt9563 said:
heidtheba said:
How was it arrogant? There are a multitude of posters in this thread blaming Clerks and OC's for them not taking their RL, some even hinting at conspiracy!

In 13 years I have NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) seen anyone get their RL turned down by CoC. I have however, seen literally hundreds lose out on getting it becuase it took them 2 years to ask why they didn't have a renleave letter, then proceed to blame the clerks.

You Heidtheba, are one of the VERY few who is willing to take personal responsibility for your RL and I only hope your way of thinking rubs off on as many people as possible.
Makes me wonder what kind of Units you've been in.

I get my first lot in Feb (damn the time served before I was 18). I am certanly going to take every day of it because I can.

Latest Threads