REN LEAVE

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by capitalred, Sep 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. one of my lads has been on an S TYPE engagment since his 12 year point, he is now in the qualifying period (18 years service) for renleave 2, is he entitled to renleave, no one seems quite sure on the answer?

i am not much help as my own re-nleave was/is up in the air as i was a re-enlistment way back at my 3 year point

2. Only if you are on the Open or Notice Engagement, not S Type, in addition, see the extract from JSP 760 (Tri Service Leave Regulations) below which also answers the question of your REN Leave, in that it must be continuous service to qualify:

ARMY

ENTITLEMENT

7B.001 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may be granted to eligible soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on Notice or Open Engagements who have committed themselves to 12 years’ continuous service having completed 11 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

7B.002 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may also be granted to eligible soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on the Notice or Open Engagements who have committed themselves to 18 years’ continuous service having completed 17 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

7B.003 Not more than one period of Re-engagement Leave is admissible to soldiers eligible under the terms of para 7B.001 above and not more than one period to soldiers eligible under the terms of para 7B.002 above.

7B.004 Eligibility for reserved rights to Re-engagement Leave ceases when soldiers change their engagement.

7B.005 A soldier who has spent a period in the Regular Reserve during the currency of his engagement will not be eligible for Re-engagement Leave. A soldier, however, who rejoins from the Reserve and subsequently completes the required period of continuous service, required by paras 7B.001 and 7B.002 above, will be eligible for Re-engagement Leave.

Regards

LJS

3. many thanks for that, just answed a question in a couple of hours that has taken me about 5 odd years of asking different admin offices.

its spot on for me as i right now qualify for ren 2 as its just gone 17 years since i rejoined.

think i'll break the news to my lad gently, and get him to take my leave pass through to the boss :D :D