REN Leave

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by SnakeBite, May 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me the qualifying periods for REN leave, and the restrictions etc for when you can take it?

Also do you have to be on a certain type of engagement to qualify? I cant seem to get a straight answer out my clerk
  2. It depends, you qualify at your 11 Year Point because your are committed to your twelve year point. You have three years in which to take it, ie; your 14 Year point at which point you qualify for the 15+ RENLEAVE and againt at your 18+ point. You can only take it in week blocks (not one or two days here or there).

REN cannot be denied (unless there is an operation committment).

Tell your Clerk to pull their finger out of their arrse and help you.
  3. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Whoa there RCT me lad, unless the rules have changed drastically recently the rules for RENLEAVE are as follows:

1. Qualify for 20 days (4 weeks) RENLEAVE at your 11 and 17 year RECKONABLE SERVICE point. (Where did you get 15 from?)

2. Three year period after qualification in which to take it.

3. Cannot be added to any other form of leave. (Can't take Priv and Renleave, must be on its own.)

4. Must be taken in a MINIMUM of 5 days (therefore you could take 13 days RENLEAVE and at a future date take the other 7.)

5. Follows the same rules as any other leave. i.e. not to be denied unless good service reasons, cannot be given as a reward, used as an incentive or withdrawn as a punishment.

As for your original question snake with regards to engagements - which particular engagement are you talking about?
  4. Many thanks. Since posting this my clerk got detatched, and his replacement gave me a straight answer without even pausing to think, proving what a f*ckwit the other one was.

Hence my puzzlement about types of engagement. Oh Well!
  5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

What did he tell you then?
  6. 1st lot: 11 year reckonable service point, must be taken in blocks of 5, taken within a 3 year period.

2nd lot: 17 year point, same deal.

Ren leave applications are subject to the same acceptance criteria as ALA, however once a ren leave app is accepted it cannot then be retracted or changed other than for operational purposes (Telic deployment, etc)
  7. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Almost spot on, looks like you found one of the better young clerks.

Only mistake is the mis-apprehension that it must be taken in blocks of 5. Rules state that it must be a MINIMUM of 5 days - if you want to take 12 days now and 8 later on then that is your perogative. (Just don't leave yourself with 3 days remaining or you've fcuked up! :D )