REN LEAVE

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by ACIOSHOTSWIFTOS, Nov 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Question:

If i wish to take my 2nd lot of RENLEVE, can it be refused?

If so for what reasons other than Operational? ie can my twat of an OC say no just for the sake of work even when they dont actually need me.

2. Re-engagement Leave
    Re-engagement Leave, also known as RENLEAVE or "leave on prolongation of Service", is granted to those soldiers who joined the Army before 31 March 1999 as compensation for the postponement of terminal leave.
    20 working days RENLEAVE may be granted to eligible soldiers who have committed themselves to 12 years continuous Colour service having completed 11 years continuous Colour service.
    20 working days RENLEAVE may also be granted to eligible soldiers who have committed themselves to 18 years continuous Colour service having completed 17 years continuous Colour service.
    A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Colours is no longer eligible for RENLEAVE.
    Not more than one period of RENLEAVE is admissible to soldiers eligible under either qualifying criterion.
    RENLEAVE is to be taken at the earliest convenient opportunity after qualifying for it, either separately or in addition to any other form of leave (except terminal leave) for which the soldier is eligible.
    RENLEAVE is to be taken within the first three years after the soldier has qualified for it, and may be taken in individual periods of not less than 5 working days.

As it says, there is nothing in the ALM 2000 that the OC can fall back on. So crack on. Also remind him that leave is an allowance and no longer a priviliege, if his management skills deny a soldier any of his allowance, i.e. carry leave over, it makes him look a right cnut in front of his bosses.

4. Cheers, As i read it the "may" is subject to eligibilty and not after it has been "awarded" ?

5. You know what they are like. It says may be granted to eligible soldiers.

There is quite a lot of wriggle room in there, first the "may" and then the "granted".

I know it is now classed as an allowance and not a privilige but if your boss is a total cnut then s/he might try it on.

Oh BTW I managed to get both lots of mine in :)