Ren Leave????

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by two-four-albert, Apr 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any ren leave ninjas out there who can put my question to rest:

I left the army for 2.5 years, re enlisted, and I am now at the time to get ren leave if I am entitled, trouble is, can't seem to get a straight answer...???
    Apologies for a boring subject but it would put it to bed :?:

2. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

What engagement are you on now?

3. Hi SW

I'm on open (notice) engagement

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Found this:

Re-engagement Leave, also known as RENLEAVE or "leave on prolongation of Service", is granted to those soldiers who joined the Army before 31 March 1999 as compensation for the postponement of terminal leave.

20 working days RENLEAVE may be granted to eligible soldiers who have committed themselves to 12 years continuous Colour service having completed 11 years continuous Colour service.

20 working days RENLEAVE may also be granted to eligible soldiers who have committed themselves to 18 years continuous Colour service having completed 17 years continuous Colour service.

A soldier who signifies an intention to leave the Colours is no longer eligible for RENLEAVE.

Not more than one period of RENLEAVE is admissible to soldiers eligible under either qualifying criterion.

RENLEAVE is to be taken at the earliest convenient opportunity after qualifying for it, either separately or in addition to any other form of leave (except terminal leave) for which the soldier is eligible.

RENLEAVE is to be taken within the first three years after the soldier has qualified for it, and may be taken in individual periods of not less than 5 working days.

I would suggest that once you have 11 or 17 years colour service then you will qualify (if you are entitled under the pre 1999 rule). So work out when you joined the first time and then take away the 2 and half years you were out.