Ren Leave Question

Good Morning all.

I am trying to clarify entitlement to Ren Leave, and got this information back from my civilian clerk - is this correct?

''The second qualifying period of Ren Leave is taken at the 18 year point having carried out continuous service and applies only to personnel on a Notice or Open Engagement, therefore as you are on a V ENG (Full) contract this does not apply to you''.

This is certainly the first l have heard of V ENG impacting on Ren Leave, have l missed the small print when l signed my life away fonto a V ENG Contract or is this a recent policy change?

I don't have sour grapes over it, just curious to see if this is 'the way it is'.

JSP 760 Ch7 Annex B says

7B.004 Eligibility for reserved rights to Re-engagement Leave ceases when
soldiers change their engagement, unless from a Notice or Open engagement to
a VEng, in which case the eligibility is retained.

Joe_Private: Many thanks for taking the time to dig this out. I have now sent that reference back to my Clerk, see what happens!

Good Morning all.

I am trying to clarify entitlement to Ren Leave, and got this information back from my civilian clerk - is this correct?

''The second qualifying period of Ren Leave is taken at the 18 year point having carried out continuous service and applies only to personnel on a Notice or Open Engagement, therefore as you are on a V ENG (Full) contract this does not apply to you''.

This is certainly the first l have heard of V ENG impacting on Ren Leave, have l missed the small print when l signed my life away fonto a V ENG Contract or is this a recent policy change?

I don't have sour grapes over it, just curious to see if this is 'the way it is'.
Go onto your JPA, leave balances. Scroll down to 'Other leave.' The balance should reflect 20 days Ren...if you have it!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

It should, you are right Blobmeister. Only it needs inputting by HR, who, err, haven't. Just had an email back from her (after quoting the JSP verbatum provided kindly by Joe_Private), it appears she is 're-reading the document' to be sure. I await the result with baited breath, but don't expect miracles. It is ARMY 2020 after all.

It should, you are right Blobmeister. Only it needs inputting by HR, who, err, haven't. Just had an email back from her (after quoting the JSP verbatum provided kindly by Joe_Private), it appears she is 're-reading the document' to be sure. I await the result with baited breath, but don't expect miracles. It is ARMY 2020 after all.
However, I have heard that Ren leave is being binned...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

It was binned years ago wasn't it? No-one who joined after about 1999 got it.
Spot on. I didn't mention that bit as it appears the op joined around '96, and so is eligible.

Edited to add some more snippets.
DEFINITION
7.001 Re-engagement Leave is a period of Authorised Absence granted to
Service personnel who joined the Services before 31 Mar 99 as an inducement to
commit for a further period of service and as compensation for the postponement
of Terminal Leave.
7B.002 20 working days’ Re-engagement Leave may also be granted to
eligible soldiers, including those in the R IRISH (HSFT), on the Notice or Open
Engagements who have committed themselves to 18 years’ continuous service
having completed 17 years’ continuous service. A soldier who signifies an
intention to leave the Service is no longer eligible for Re-engagement Leave.
7B.006 Re-engagement Leave is to be taken at the earliest convenient
opportunity after qualifying for it, either separately or in addition to any other form
of leave (except Terminal Leave) for which the individual is eligible.
c. It may not be taken after a soldier has signified his intention to
leave the Service.
e. Re-engagement Leave will be granted only on the authority of the
CO.