Removing black polish from brown boots

Rumbers

Swinger
Hi all, got a question. Being a bit of a kit whore (sorry!), I found Altberg Defenders for £30 on Firestorm Kit's website, and immediately forked out the cash. I had guessed that they would be grade one at that price (being reduced from £70), but didn't expect the previous owner to have put black polish on the toe area. It's really annoying me, so does anyone have any suggestions for getting the stuff of. I've sat there for about ten minutes scrubbing away with the green bit of the sponge, as per the suggestion from my ex-Para college lecturer, with little effect. If anyone can give me any suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ex-Para college lecturer, is that the opening line of a really shit dit?

Try hot water or kitchen cleaning wipes. Failing that, nail varnish remover (let them sweat for a couple of days before re-polishing

Rumbers

Swinger
Try hot water or kitchen cleaning wipes. Failing that, nail varnish remover (let them sweat for a couple of days before re-polishing
Re the nail varnish remover, is that the acetone free stuff or the full-on stuff?

Paint them brown.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
You've had it. The black polish will still protect the boots as well as the brown, but as far as the appearance of the boot goes, you're fucked.

ACAB

LE
This works:
6434204_orig[1].jpg

Try Methyl Ethyl Ketone, MEK, but that will take it back to the leather. Don't blame me.

That will take it back to his metatarsals. Unless he's not wearing them.
I used to work in a safety boot factory very many years ago. MEK is what we used to fix "problems".

Clear polish, once you brush it on your boots will go invisible, so keep holding them until you've got the brown polish on, and can see them again.

Trust me, as an aircraft engineer I'm very very well acquainted with the stuff..
Hmm... Gazelle blade tape perhaps? Carcinogenic too...

Rumbers

Swinger
Clear polish, once you brush it on your boots will go invisible, so keep holding them until you've got the brown polish on, and can see them again.
Thanks mate, worked perfectly. While we're at it, I need a tin of MTP paint...

Remove:

Petrol, and one of those greeny things out of the kitchen.

Replace:

Get stuck in with a decent cream polish (like Loake) the colour you want, soon as you can.

Rinse and repeat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Speedy DIY 66
usmarox Military Clothing & Boots 28
DesktopCommando The NAAFI Bar 52

Latest Threads