Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by bored_of_the_signals, Dec 11, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Use small children for targets.
  2. For targets - Badgers are good. Or Catholics.
  3. Does the army still do bayonet fighting? I would think it is a very outdated mode of fighting. is there not a law against stabbing people? It seems a very uncouth way to carry on, but then what would I know, I'm a civilian with no inkling of what goes on in the army or indeed real life.

Have I told you that I've organised adventure training before? I have and it was really good. We walked for a good 100 metres or so and then lived in a tent. We were nearly special forces by the end of it. I love me, who do you love?
  4. Pangur_Ban can help with plasters and bandages.... 8)
  5. Is she medically trained? I am. I've done the St John's medical course so that makes me knowledgeable in all aspects of military warfighting.
    I once organised some adventure training.
  6. CIG
    Pangur is soooo practised with plasters and bandages, they asked her to star alongside Johnny Depp in the re re remake of "THE MUMMY"
    No worries... :wink:
  7. I've got a mummy. I love her and she loves me. I've also got a pater and he loves me more than mummy. Especially after he's been drinking port. I love port. I once organised some adventure training.
  8. I'll get me coat....
  9. Prelims as per normal but must include safety brief contained in the instructors notes. To motivate the troops you pick points 100m away (i.e. Post, sign etc) and they sprint to them points on word of command. Use W.O.C. "Take Cover" if not working hard enough and they lepard crawl to the object! The beasting is also done to mask your movement in order to get you to the correct demo position. Control is the key and the last thing you want is a troop/platoon of hyped up mad-men running around the bayonet fighting area so it is essential that they FREEZE on the whistle blast.
    If you are UK based, phone the Platoon QMSIs at Inf Wpns Div at Brecon and ask to come down and watch Bayonet fighting when the "Junior Brecon" course is running. The old addage "a picture paints a thousand words" Any other info you need just ask.
  10. Go out on the razz with some mates, forget to go home to the Mrs, sleep it off in the block, materialise about lunchtime as if nothing had happened, then sit back and take notes.

I figure you will get some notes on aggression to use in your lesson plans. :lol: