Remotely critical of Bush? Then dont go to military.com!

I just can't fückin' believe this! I was making an attempt to try and find out exactly why the mods on military.com ruthlessly suppress any and all criticism about Babbeo Bush, when I was suddenly presented with the following:

-- Account Suspended: Your account has been suspended for the following reason:

30-day suspension for bashing CinC on P/CP.."Bush and his slimy cohorts." OldAFCop 10ARP07
The thread on which this occurred can be found here:

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/409192893/m/5210077121001

Is military.forum now the "Pravda" of Babbeo Bush? I can't honestly see what I did wrong. I know that when I joined military.com, I let off some really hard shots at Babbeo Bush and his slimy cohorts and there was no comeback in the form of banishments or such.

Are our colonial cousins losing their sense of balance? Is military.com actually steered by Babbeo Bush and his slimy cohorts? I mean really?

MsG

Bugsy,

Are you honestly surprised, mate?

Not in the least surprised. GWB would readily censor a lot of things.

TG for ARRSE!

Didn't you start a thread about something very similar a month or two ago?

Why did you think your reception there would be different this time?

It is an offence under the US Military Code of Justice to criticise the C-in-C and therefore, on a military forum, you were always going to get that response.

I went to Quantico Staff College and I quickly learned that no-one, and I mean no-one, will criticise Bush & Co when they are in uniform. Share a beer in their back garden sat around a fire pit and they loosen up a little, but only a little.

When in Rome...

Edit: I meant the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

praetorian72 said:
It is an offence under the US Military Code of Justice to criticise the C-in-C and therefore, on a military forum, you were always going to get that response.

I went to Quantico Staff College and I quickly learned that no-one, and I mean no-one, will criticise Bush & Co when they are in uniform. Share a beer in their back garden sat around a fire pit and they loosen up a little, but only a little.

When in Rome...
So the brave defenders of the flag and the constitution for which it stands are denied their constitutionally amended right to free speech?

Well, I never.....

crabtastic said:
Bugsy,

Are you honestly surprised, mate?
I was actually surprised at this one, crabtastic, because I didn't actually slag off Babbeo Bush. It was only that cünt ArOldFückinCop, or whatever his name is, who dabbed me.

The point is that when I first subscribed to mil.com, it was possible to really lay into Babbeo Bush and his crowd and the arguments were healthily tossed between the two sides. But now you can't even make a mention of even the thought before some Bush clown rips into you. That's not what I call democracy and free speech.

MsG

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
praetorian72 said:

When in Rome...
So the brave defenders of the flag and the constitution for which it stands are denied their constitutionally amended right to free speech?

Well, I never.....
Regardless of personal opinion, most Americans have a very protective attitude re the office of the President of the United States, and in some ways I admire this, although at times it can be tiresome. On a number of occasions, when arguing with Americans, individuals have tried to unsettle me by insulting the Queen/ Monarchy, and have been nonplussed when their intentionally offensive comments had no effect; if you agree with them, they really can't cope at all!

It's important to understand that the POTUS has a hugely important symbolic significance to most US Citizens: in a country where virtually all public offices are elected, and where it is an article of faith that anyone can be anything if they really want it enough (THE quintessence of American identity; the acme of "the American Dream"), the Presidency is the embodiment of all they stand for in the World. Most of the rest of the World tends not to think of politicians in such terms, so there can be a bit of a "culture gap" - insult POTUS at your peril!

I have got into trouble on mil.com for pointing out the incoherent thinking of those who'd deny the right of Americans to express views with which they disagree whilst simultaneously banging on about "honor & duty" without thought for the Constitution they swore to uphold. To be blunt, I rapidly reached the conclusion that most were too thick to get it.

praetorian72 said:
How very ironic that the land of the free would act like one of its totalitarian enemies and suppress free speech. Shame.

I can't stand the site and its not because of the Americans that post on there, it's the knobhead Brits that piss me off - posting as if they are the voice of Britain.

Bugsy you realy should not be suprised! But at the same time lets not judge all septics by some of patrons of MilCom,as long as they stay there an dont come a trolling here who realy cares!

And to add insult to injury, they've even deleted the Irish tricolour I had as my avatar! Fückin' ignorant Septic cünts!

MsG

suits_U said:
Bugsy, you have been banned a few times from there though havent you?
You really should get the hint :D
You're right, suitsy, I have been banned a few times from mil.com. But it has nothing to do with a hint but rather with the freedom to express an opinion. We see this all the time on ARRSE. Somebody comes along with something radical and a debate ensues. But that's not the case on mil.com.

In a country that has the line "in the land of the free" in its national anthem, you'd think there'd be room for a modicum of dissent, but that's not the case. Mil.com seems to be ever more infested with Septic-Nazis, who want nothing more than a world ruled by Septics simply because they firmly believe that they're the best solution to the woes of the world. I post on mil.com because I'd like to make it clear to them that Denmark doesn't border on Italy and Middle America is not Kansas. In short, to try to let them know that America isn't the only country in the world and that not everything Septic is the be all and end all of human development. However, I might be batting on a losing wicket.

MsG

praetorian72 said:

When in Rome...

Well, I never.....
I don't think criticism of the Queen is allowed here on ARRSE is it?

Bush is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces and since it's a military focused site the decision was made not to allow it as it undermines the chain of command or something like that.

The true test of course is whether they will continue this policy if Hillary Clinton or any other democrat is elected president.

Virgil said:
praetorian72 said:

When in Rome...

Well, I never.....
I don't think criticism of the Queen is allowed here on ARRSE is it?

Bush is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces and since it's a military focused site the decision was made not to allow it as it undermines the chain of command or something like that.

The true test of course is whether they will continue this policy if Hillary Clinton or any other democrat is elected president.
Virgil, (my bold in your quote) What would you actually criticise the Queen for? I'm sure if she was continually dropping bollöcks with regard to the Armed Forces, she'd garner her fair share of flack. But the fact of the matter is that she's utterly exemplary in her attitude to the army, navy and air force. Thus, she never comes in for any criticism. I'm certainly no Royalist (how could I be), but I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family with regard to how they view (and treat) Britain's Armed Forces.

However, the same can't be said for that cünt Bush and all the lunatics advising him. So he should be fair game for any critics, be they Septic, British or Irish. The man's a complete fückin' disaster, both as a president and as a Commander (or Clown?) in Chief.

MsG

Criticism of the Queen, will either get you flamed by the royalist and cheered by republicans dependant on what you say? And in what context where your saying it.

I certainly wouldnt post on milcCon in the style i post here about my thoughts on bush, as stiring up the natives will never get your message across?

ctauch said:
Bugsy said:
Virgil, (my bold in your quote) What would you actually criticise the Queen for? I'm sure if she was continually dropping bollöcks with regard to the Armed Forces, she'd garner her fair share of flack. But the fact of the matter is that she's utterly exemplary in her attitude to the army, navy and air force. Thus, she never comes in for any criticism. I'm certainly no Royalist (how could I be), but I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family with regard to how they view (and treat) Britain's Armed Forces.

However, the same can't be said for that cünt Bush and all the lunatics advising him. So he should be fair game for any critics, be they Septic, British or Irish. The man's a complete fückin' disaster, both as a president and as a Commander (or Clown?) in Chief.

MsG
Where the fcuk do you cnuts get off ... really! You have the balls to spout your opinions against us day in and day out everywhere yet you keep voting in Labour and bitch about that too. Seems to me you aren't happy eitherway and should stuff the business end of a SA80 in your gob and squeeze the trigger

Look the US didn't force Tony & Co to head into Iraq. Seems to me your elected government decided to do it. NOTE YOU LOT ELECTED YOUR OWN CNUTS.

Stop the Bush is a moron bit, it is a tad old now and concentrate on your own problems and elections. Something you have some influence over.

Or take it to another forum other than MNHQ.
You talkin' to me, numbnuts? You talkin' to me? (that's Bugsy doing his Robert de Niro impersonation).

I never voted for Phoney Tony and his little band of corrupt wänkers. I've never voted for any Brit gobment at all, you dozy Septic pillock (the subtle clue is in my avatar). So what's your beef, stauch (which happens to be the German word for "you're a complete berk")?

Get your facts straight, Septic, and try to stay with the programme. I know that may be hard for you, given your restricted attention-span and limited intelligence, but try it all the same.

By the way, Bush really is a fückin' moron! :D :D :D

MsG