Remote viewing

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by BONNACON, Mar 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have an interesting idea any takers on how I may be able to get a workable solution.

I want to be able to watch my dog while she is in the car and I am away from it. Two solutions come to mind;

1) remote access to a phone with camera via my phone.

2) remote access to a computer with mobile broadband via my phone.

Obviously the pervs on this site will also be interested for various nefarious reasons but mine is a purely innocent solution to a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  2. So what you're saying is that you suspect your lass is shagging someone in the car and you want to know if he's bigger than you, before you turn up in the lay-bye with your gumshield fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If parked at home, a remote wireless camera (battery or 12V operated) could be included in your home wifi if signal strong enough. Anywhere else the use of the same camera in connection with a wifi dongle is the only solution that comes to mind. Battery life (either that of the car or the devices) to be considered. Also angle at which the camera could be fixed to give you a good view of the boot?

4. The solution is "Do not leave your dog unattended in the car"

• Like Like x 1
  5. My only solution at the moment as well . I just think there must be a tidy fix for this after all it would be a good security solution for a car as well. I use ip cameras on my house and land when away to see who is mouching around and check temperature+ oil tank level. Just think there must be a mobile solution to this problem.

Cernunnos I never let wife drive my car. Anyway if someone can kickstart the old ginge and stop her talking good luck to em.

Sandgrounder. Take your point but the old girl is not up to much walking these days and likes a lie in the car. Don't leave her long and I'm careful where it's parked/temp, water etc. Plus I leave my phone number on the car if anyone is concerned.
    I do some work for a dog charity so I am pretty aware of problems.