Remote Explosive Detection

Came across this today and it got me wondering if there is any better remote explosive detection out there that anyone knows of? one of these mounted on a Very Heavily Armoured Vehicle out in front of Patrols/convoys could possibly help with the IED threat but the current distance it can detect explosives at is the only downside, I believe the Russians have a system and I will try and find it to add to here ...

http://www.itloptronics.com/images/productImages/rscan.pdf

Any new bit of kit is always welcome.

But I can see one huge disadvantage – it requires line of sight to the suspected target that has a sample on the surface that is scanned.

Unlike a search dog, combat indicators and not forgetting the hairs on the back of your neck.

Fkit every time they bring out a new piece of detection kit I get arrested at the airport. Sigh.

WhiteHorse said:
Probably not a subject to be discussed in any detail on this means.
I agree but having said that if you google or whatever you could find something that is in general circulation however ...............politicians followed by chavs are my favourite :p

Extremist said:
eodmatt said:
Fkit every time they bring out a new piece of detection kit I get arrested at the airport. Sigh.
Now you're going to get arrested all uber de platz! :D
Ganz uber, in fact. 8)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Jobs (Discussion) 0
A_Knocker_Till_The_End Sappers 43
Bondi-Babe-Magnet The NAAFI Bar 156