Reminder: The Sun Military Awards ITV1 21:00 tonight 21/12

The cynic in me wonders how long these awards will continue for once we exit Afghan and the Military reverts to been the dregs of society once again.

They do have the bravest war correspondants. I read it somewhere.

I killed a stray dog on tour... Can I expect a medal for this. I must stress it was just for a laugh not because it was dangerous or owt.

So far so good. A bit Yankish but the public love this kind of thing so will no doubt watch it and take it in.

..........and nice to see Mr D Beckham (and one of the boys) making a low-profile but supportive appearance. His simian-jawed wife must have had a more pressing engagement.

It's harmless. Stating that this unit is better than that unit is a poor call, but it's good to see some of our injured mates on the box.

good isn't it

The dust hit the eyes the minute the children came out...........................................................

Braver than they can comprehend

The dust hit the eyes the minute the children came out...........................................................

Braver than they can comprehend
**** me, got caught out by that one. One of the little girls is in my daughters class at school, and the mum is a friend of ours. She kept that one quiet.

Bloody dust . . . .